How to Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Mail app in Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between your email and calendar. Mail includes customizable Swipe Gestures, letting you swipe right or left to take actions like delete, flag, move or mark as read/unread. Also check out the new email authoring experience. Mail leverages the familiar and rich capability of Word to that allows you to easily insert tables, add pictures and use bullets and color to your text. The new Mail apps support Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, IMAP, POP and other popular accounts.
You can use automatic replies in the Mail app to notify others that you are out of office, on vacation, or not available to reply to email messages.
This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off automatic replies in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.
1. Open the Mail app, and click/tap on the Settings button. (see screenshot below)
2. Click/tap on Automatic Replies in Settings. (see screenshot below)
3. Select the email account name (ex: Outlook) that you want to turn automatic replies on or off for. (see screenshot below)
4. Do step 5 (on) or step 6 (off) below for what you want to do.
5. To Turn On Automatic Replies for Account in Mail app
A) Turn on Send Automatic Replies
, enter the message you want automatically sent, and check or uncheck the Send replies only to my contact
for what you want set. (see screenshot below)
B) For as long as automatic replies is turned on for the account, you will get a You're sending automatic replies from <account name>
prompt to Turn off
(leave on) whenever you open the account's inbox. (see screenshot below)
6. To Turn Off Automatic Replies for Account in Mail app
NOTE: This is the default setting.
A) Turn off Send Automatic Replies
. (see screenshot below)