How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10
InformationNotepad is a basic text-editing program that you can use to create documents.
When you open Notepad for the first time, it'll open slightly off center on your main display. Afterwards, Notepad will open to the same position and size you last closed it as.
This tutorial will show you how to reset the open position and size of Notepad to default on the main display for your account in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: Notepad default position and size
1. Close Notepad if open.
2. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
NoteThis .bat file deletes the DWORD values in the registry key below that resets the open position and size of Notepad back to default.
TipIf you like, you could place this .bat file in your Startup folder to always have the position and size of Notepad reset to default everytime you sign in to your account.
3. Save the .bat file to your desktop.
4. Unblock the .bat file.
5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .bat file to run it.
6. When you open Notepad next, it'll open with its default size and position on your main display.
- How to Reset Default Open Position of Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10
- How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10