How to Create a System Repair Disc in Windows 10
InformationA system repair disc can be used to boot your computer. It also contains Windows system recovery tools that can help you recover Windows from a serious error or restore your computer from a system image or restore point.
A system repair disc is the CD/DVD version of a USB recovery drive.
This tutorial will show you how to create a bootable system repair disc that only boots to advanced startup options used to help troubleshoot and recover your Windows 10.
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to create a system repair disc.
EXAMPLE: Booting from System Repair Disc to Advanced Startup
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) icon.
2. Click/tap on the Create a system repair disc link on the left side. (see screenshot below)
3. Insert a blank (unformatted) disc into your CD/DVD drive.
4. Select the CD/DVD drive, and click/tap on Create disc. (see screenshot below)
5. The system repair disc will now start to be created. (see screenshot below)
6. When finished, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)
7. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
- How to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10
- How to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10
- Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable PE Rescue Disk
Thanks Brink. I've been looking for that.