How to Stream a Game from Xbox One in Windows 10
InformationGame streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your home network.
- This feature allows you to leave your living room and play your favorite Xbox One games anywhere with access to your home network.
- Game streaming uses the power of the Xbox One console to manage the game. Your Windows 10 PC becomes a remote second screen so you can roam freely around your home while continuing to enjoy your Xbox One console and games.
This tutorial will show you how to stream a game from your Xbox One console to play on your Windows 10 PC.
To take advantage of game streaming, you need:
- Xbox One console: Game streaming must be enabled in Settings.
- Windows 10 PC: You must be signed in to the Xbox app with the same gamertag as on the Xbox One console.
- Network connectivity: The Windows 10 PC and the Xbox One console must be on the same home network. Options:
- Wired - Ethernet connection (recommended for both PC and Xbox One console)
- Wireless - 802.11 N/AC wireless connection
For best performance, it's recommend that your Windows 10 PC have:
- At least 2 gigabytes of RAM
- 1.5 GHz CPU or faster
- Network connection to your home network:
- Best performance: Wired Ethernet connection
- Good performance: Wireless – 5 GHz 802.11 N or 802.11 AC wireless access point
- Limited performance: Wireless – 2.4 GHz 802.11 N or 802.11 AC wireless access point
- Troubleshoot Xbox App Game Streaming | Xbox App on Windows 10
- Improve Xbox App Game Streaming | Xbox App on Windows 10
1. Turn on your Xbox One console.
2. If the game you want to play it not digital and requires a disc, then insert the game disc into your Xbox One console.
3. Connect a Xbox One game controller to a USB port on your Windows 10 PC.
4. Open the Xbox app in Windows 10.
5. Click/tap on the Connect icon on the left side. (see screenshot below)
6. If your Xbox One console is not already connected, select the name (ex: XboxOne) of the console you want to connect to, and click/tap on Connect. (see screenshot below)
7. Once you have connected, click/tap on Stream. (see screenshot below)
8. If you get a This app can't be streamed message for the TV app, then select Close with your Xbox One game controller. (see screenshot below)
9. Press the Xbox button on your Xbox One game controller to go to the Home screen. (see screenshot below)
10. While on the Home screen, scroll down and select My games & apps. (see screenshot below)
11. Select Games on the left side, and select the game (ex: Halo) you want to play on the right side. (see screenshot below)
12. Have fun playing your game now streaming from your Xbox One console on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)
13. When you're ready to stop streaming, move your mouse pointer to the top border of the Xbox app to have the toolbar appear, and click/tap on Stop streaming at the top right. (see screenshot below)