How to Auto Save Documents and Pictures to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10
InformationIn Windows 10, you can change the storage drive location for where your documents, music, pictures, and videos are saved to by default in Quick access.
This tutorial will show you how to auto save your Documents and Pictures in Quick access to either OneDrive or This PC for your account in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: Quick access
1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)
2. Click/tap on the Auto save tab, choose to save Documents and Pictures to either OneDrive or This PC only, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
- How to Change Your Storage Save Locations in Windows 10
- Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos from Devices to OneDrive in Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10
There is one issue with this. After turning this on, the Documents and Picture shortcuts inleads toCode:This PC/Navigation PaneorCode:OneDrive/DocumentsBut when you turn this off i.e. when you change it to This PC again. The link doesn't change back toCode:OneDrive/Pictures.It still points toCode:%Userprofile%/Documents..Code:OneDrive/Documents
Plus, turning this off also messed up with auto screenshot save.
The screenshot above was saved ininstead ofCode:%Userprofile%/Pictures. The whole system is messed up completely. @Brink Please give a fix. I have tired registry atCode:OneDrive/Picturesbut modifying it doesn't help.Code:HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/MyComputer