How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs
InformationThe Find My Device feature is now included for Windows 10 PCs starting in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565.
Find My Device for Windows 10 PCs, like Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile phones, will allow Microsoft to save your device's GPS location periodically. This way if you lose your device, or your device gets stolen, you will be able to see it's last known location in Your devices online at Microsoft for the same Microsoft account you sign in to the device with.
This tutorial will show you how to use Find My Device to see the last known location of your Windows 10 PC.
NoteFind My Device online requires that you have turned on Find My Device on your Windows 10 PC on a map.
If you have Find My Device turned on, your device will update its location periodically if it's connected to the internet.
1. On any PC, go to Your devices online at Microsoft, and sign in (if not already) using the same Microsoft account you sign in to the Windows 10 PC you want to find.
2. Click/tap on the Find my device link for your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)
3. You will now see the last known location of your Windows 10 PC on a map. (see screenshot below)
NoteYou will be able to drag and zoom in and out of the map as needed.
Your device only sends its location if itís connected to Wi-Fi and has enough battery power.
- How to Turn On or Off Find My Device in Windows 10
- How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone
- How to Find Your Child in Microsoft Family on a Map