How to Create a Startup Apps Shortcut in Windows 10
InformationStartup items are the apps, shortcuts, folders, drivers, etc... that are set to run or open automatically at startup when a user signs in to Windows. Startup items can be added by either the programs or drivers installed, or manually by you.
This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Startup Apps shortcut that opens directly to the Startup tab in Task Manager in Windows 10.
- Option One: To Download a Startup Apps Shortcut
- Option Two: To Manually Create a Startup Apps Shortcut
EXAMPLE: Startup apps in Task Manager
OPTION ONETo Download a Startup Apps Shortcut
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Unblock the .zip file.
4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.
5. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar, Pin to Start, add to All apps, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.
OPTION TWOTo Manually Create a Startup Apps Shortcut
1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
%windir%\System32\Taskmgr.exe /0 /startup
3. Type Startup Apps for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.
4. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar, Pin to Start, add to All apps, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.