Page 76 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,107
    Windows 10 Pro
       2016-08-14 #750

    pietro said: View Post
    anniversary update, another bug i read about. i haven't experienced it but, occasionally, people relocating users/data folders could have the pc crashing. ms recomend to run in safe mode or don't relocate (obiously)... waiting for a fix
    Please posting something like that you need to give references, links. Without links to check your post it's totally irrelevant, just something an individual single member thinks, with no value.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 59
    Windows 10
       2016-08-14 #751

    Kari said: View Post
    Please posting something like that you need to give references, links. Without links to check your post it's totally irrelevant, just something an individual single member thinks, with no value.
    if no problem to linking... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=1&auth=1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 3
    Win 10 Pro 64
       2016-08-17 #752

    Dear Kari and others members,

    Here is a new French member. (And first of all I want to thanks you for this forum that already helped me few times.)

    I'm facing a problem somewhere towards the end of Method 2. (I have 10.0.10586)
    All goes well, my laptop reboots but it didn't ask me to create a new account (that you call Dummy) because it considers that my old administrator account is active again and only offers me to go ahead. So I did that but in session connection pannel I can't connect myself to any account.
    Is there a solution to create the "Dummy" account now or have I to format my whole laptop? Maybe it is possible to make something in command prompt that we can launch with recovery tool included in my bootable usb drive but I don't know how to do.
    (The command prompt starts by "X:Sources>" and I can not go to "C:" by typing "cd C:")

    Thanks in advance for your help

    PS: Sorry if you already answered this kind of problem, I had make a search in thread but I didn't found solution and I'm not enough fluent in English to read the whole 76 pages.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,107
    Windows 10 Pro
       2016-08-17 #753

    Mollyman said: View Post
    All goes well, my laptop reboots but it didn't ask me to create a new account (that you call Dummy) because it considers that my old administrator account is active again and only offers me to go ahead.
    Hi Mollyman, welcome to Ten Forums.

    I am sorry but the situation you describe is not possible if you follow the instructions to the letter, not leaving anything out, not adding anything. The /oobe switch used with sysprep command simply forces Windows to start the so called OOBE setup which always asks an initial, new admin user to be created.

    My recommendation is to restore a system image backup and then either try again or if you are sure you did everything correctly simply forget the whole procedure. If you don't have a system image backup then I am afraid a clean install is your only alternative.

    Kari
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 3
    Win 10 Pro 64
       2016-08-17 #754

    Kari said: View Post
    I am sorry but the situation you describe is not possible if you follow the instructions to the letter, not leaving anything out, not adding anything. The /oobe switch used with sysprep command simply forces Windows to start the so called OOBE setup which always asks an initial, new admin user to be created.

    My recommendation is to restore a system image backup and then either try again or if you are sure you did everything correctly simply forget the whole procedure. If you don't have a system image backup then I am afraid a clean install is your only alternative.
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    You are the expert, so you should be right but I'm almost sure I do everything like you explain. The only thing I changed is the "net user Administrator /active:yes" command. It doesn't works and I finaly had to replaced "Administrator" by "Administrateur" (the French translation of Administrator).
    But as you know, the most common problem in software modification is located between the chair and the computer so I accept my mistake.
    I followed an other tutorial to popup command prompt in session connection panel and then create a new administrator account, it works but it doesn't seems to be a clean solution.
    I don't have any backup so I will make a new clean install and follow the 1st method of you tutorial and I hope all will works.

    Thanks anyway!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 2
    Win10Pro
       2016-08-17 #755

    Hi, I'm ready to try and move my Users folder (again).

    During a new Win10Pro install, I moved it to my "E:" drive. Now I've got things set up and I'm ready to move it to my "D:" drive.

    My install media was a downloaded ISO file burned to a blank DVD, and has "install.esd" instead of "install.wim"

    Do I need to download different media, which has the "wim" file instead of the "esd" file?

    The new download media appears to be release 1607 (anniversary update). I don't have the anniversary update installed yet. Will this be a problem?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 3
    Win 10 Pro 64
       2016-08-17 #756

    THalen said: View Post
    My install media was a downloaded ISO file burned to a blank DVD, and has "install.esd" instead of "install.wim"

    Do I need to download different media, which has the "wim" file instead of the "esd" file?
    Hi,

    I was facing the same problem of ".esd" file instead of ".win". You have to download your ISO here : Windows 10 ISO
    I did it and my ISO has well "install.win" file by this way.

    On the other hand, I can't help you concerning your last question (about anniversary update compatibility).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,107
    Windows 10 Pro
       2016-08-17 #757

    THalen said: View Post
    Do I need to download different media, which has the "wim" file instead of the "esd" file?

    The new download media appears to be release 1607 (anniversary update). I don't have the anniversary update installed yet. Will this be a problem?
    First, welcome to Ten Forums THalen.

    The install media is no longer required. You can simply remove the CPI Source line (highlighted yellow in below screenshot) from answer file before sysprepping (this example file copied from tutorial):

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="oobeSystem">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <FolderLocations>
    <ProfilesDirectory>D:\Users</ProfilesDirectory>
    </FolderLocations>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim:E:\sources\install.wim#Windows 10 Pro" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
    </unattend>
    In other words, no install media required to sysprep.

    Please do not forget to backup your system before proceeding!


    Mollyman said: View Post
    Hi,

    I was facing the same problem of ".esd" file instead of ".win". You have to download your ISO here : Windows 10 ISO
    I did it and my ISO has well "install.win" file by this way.

    On the other hand, I can't help you concerning your last question (about anniversary update compatibility).
    See my answer to THalen above.

    Kari
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 2
    Win10Pro
       2016-08-17 #758

    Kari said: View Post
    First, welcome to Ten Forums THalen.

    The install media is no longer required. You can simply remove the CPI Source line (highlighted yellow in below screenshot) from answer file before sysprepping (this example file copied from tutorial):

    In other words, no install media required to sysprep.

    Please do not forget to backup your system before proceeding!

    Kari
    Thanks for the welcome, and all the work that went into figuring this stuff out.

    I followed your video instructions in post 1, leaving out the install media part, and it seems to have worked successfully. I was a little worried when I had to stare at a window pane and spinning dots for about 15 minutes, but it all worked out. Just needed to be patient.

    Thanks!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,107
    Windows 10 Pro
       2016-08-17 #759

    You are welcome

    Next time dig a bit deeper in the wonderful world of customization: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 76 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
"Folder access denied" C:\Users\<truncated name>\One Drive
Unable to delete folder, unable to change permissions, and unable to get One Drive to read to Documents folder correctly. I have attempted five times and each time it fails. So I try to delete the One Drive folder so I can reboot and try again,...
General Support
Solved Cannot move documents folder
I am trying to move my documents folder from the external drive I put it on before installing Win10. It looks like its going to move, then says its done but nothing has moved. Any ideas?
General Support
More Users Move to Windows XP Ahead of Windows 10 Launch
Source
Windows 10 News
Solved Startup Folder Location
Exactly where is the Startup Folder for Windows 10 located? Thank you.
General Support
Solved Linking to Users folder on different drive
Hello, Has anyone had any trouble linking the C:\users folder on another machine? I have successfully done this all the last 3 installs of windows I have done following these instructions: How To Change User Profile Location in Windows 8 without...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums