How to Change the Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10
InformationCortana is included as an integrated part of the desktop in Windows 10. Cortana is one click away on the taskbar, helping you find the things you need while proactively bringing you information you care about. Cortana can help you search in Windows 10 for apps, settings, and files as well as searching the web. Cortana learns your preferences to provide relevant recommendations, fast access to information, and important reminders. You can access Cortana with your voice by clicking the microphone icon, then speaking to set reminders or ask about weather, sports, finance and other content from Bing. If you’re really adventurous, go into Cortana Settings, enable hands free use to say “Hey Cortana,” and you won’t need to click on the microphone icon. Cortana can learn your preferences and provide smarter recommendations over time. You can manage Cortana’s Notebook to add interests from Bing like news, sports, finance and weather so Cortana can proactively offer recommendations and information for you. Keep in mind, Cortana is new to the desktop – things might not work as expected.
For more information about Cortana, see: What is Cortana - Microsoft Windows
This tutorial will show you how to change the name Cortana uses for you, or how Cortana pronounces it in Windows 10.
TipStarting in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10547, you can now use Cortana with local accounts as well as with a Microsoft account.
1. Click/tap in the search box or icon (Windows+S) on the taskbar, click/tap on the Notebook icon, and click/tap on About Me. (see screenshot below)
2. Click/tap on Change my name. (see screenshot below)
3. Type in a name you want Cortana to call you, and click/tap on Enter. (see screenshot below)
4. Click/tap on the play button to see how Cortana will say your name. (see screenshot below)
5. If it sounds good to you, then click/tap on Sounds good, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)
6. If it doesn't sound good to you, then click/tap on That's wrong. (see screenshot below)
A) Click/tap on the mic icon, and say your name how you want Cortana to pronounce it. (see screenshot below)
B) Click/tap on the play button to see if it sounds good to you now. (see screenshot below)
C) If it doesn't sound good, then click/tap on That's wrong, and continue with Cortana until it does sound good.
D) If it does sound good, then click/tap on This one, and step 7 below.
7. Click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)
- How to Turn On or Off Cortana in Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off Hey Cortana in Windows 10
- How to Have Cortana Learn your Voice for 'Hey Cortana' in Windows 10
- How to Create a Cortana Settings Shortcut in Windows 10