Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,439
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #530

    GuyInDogSuit said: View Post
    I tried this, and unfortunately it failed. I have the green thumbnails for images, which this is supposed to fix.
    Could you post a pic of what you're seeing? The "green thumbnails for images"?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    Antelope, CA
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       2 Weeks Ago #531

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Could you post a pic of what you're seeing? The "green thumbnails for images"?
    I successfully "upgraded" using the actual administrator account (thought mine already was....) yet I still have these green image thumbnails.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	110331

    The default app reset didn't work, either. This is extremely annoying.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,439
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #532

    GuyInDogSuit said: View Post
    I successfully "upgraded" using the actual administrator account (thought mine already was....) yet I still have these green image thumbnails.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	110331

    The default app reset didn't work, either. This is extremely annoying.
    Have no idea. Sorry. It's the properties of the image, probably. Is it a .jpg, .png, .gif ?? Right click it, click properties and post that box.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    Antelope, CA
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       2 Weeks Ago #533

    Which tab? Details? It's not just this picture. It's a lot of them that I've downloaded from the internet. I think it's more to do with Chrome being a retard than anything else. Last year, I started having issues where it would download a blank image. The thumb would be the generic blue photo icon, and if I open it, Windows Photo Viewer says it cannot open the image. I started using a bulk image downloader extension just for downloading single images like this, and while it worked for a while, now there's this crap with the green thumbnails.

    I would switch to Firefox but it lacks the extensions I use.

    Resetting the default apps did not fix it, even after a full reboot.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,439
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #534

    GuyInDogSuit said: View Post
    Which tab? Details? It's not just this picture. It's a lot of them that I've downloaded from the internet. I think it's more to do with Chrome being a retard than anything else. Last year, I started having issues where it would download a blank image. The thumb would be the generic blue photo icon, and if I open it, Windows Photo Viewer says it cannot open the image. I started using a bulk image downloader extension just for downloading single images like this, and while it worked for a while, now there's this crap with the green thumbnails.

    I would switch to Firefox but it lacks the extensions I use.

    Resetting the default apps did not fix it, even after a full reboot.
    Right click on the green thumbnail, then click properties.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    Antelope, CA
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       2 Weeks Ago #535

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Right click on the green thumbnail, then click properties.
    So just the first tab? Don't know what you're looking for. It only has the dates and sizes. It's just a jpg file. Properties doesn't give much more than that.

    Figured out why. It was "blocked." Once I checked that "unlock" tick-box and clicked OK, it shows the image thumbnail. How irritating.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,439
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #536

    GuyInDogSuit said: View Post
    So just the first tab? Don't know what you're looking for. It only has the dates and sizes. It's just a jpg file. Properties doesn't give much more than that.

    Figured out why. It was "blocked." Once I checked that "unlock" tick-box and clicked OK, it shows the image thumbnail. How irritating.
    Sometimes it's the smallest little things. Glad you got it fixed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 13,396
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       2 Weeks Ago #537

    GuyInDogSuit said: View Post
    So just the first tab? Don't know what you're looking for. It only has the dates and sizes. It's just a jpg file. Properties doesn't give much more than that.

    Figured out why. It was "blocked." Once I checked that "unlock" tick-box and clicked OK, it shows the image thumbnail. How irritating.
    That's to protect you. Before you let something loose on your system that you've taken hours, days, or weeks to set up, it gives you a last chance to scan it with and AV or anti malware, being that it comes from another PC or server.
    Usually though, that doesn't happen with pictures, unless they were downloaded compressed as a .zip or .rar file.

    System security is never irritating.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #538

    A quick THANKS for this thread and the great information enclosed.

    Over the weekend my desktop blue-screened, then last night rebooted with a "repair" that almost destroyed the OS (Win10 1607). Start menu stopped operating (except right-click), File Explorer would bring only one window up at a time, multiple programs said they were corrupted, the desktop disappeared every ten minutes or so and forced a reboot, RUN did not work properly, PowerShell did not work properly, chkdsk was unable to run, a real mess. Also, SpinRite in level 2 did nothing, which is rare.

    The thread Solved Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums was excellent in giving me some hope after sfc did not work. The instructions in the thread where this message is posted were excellent in guiding me to a set of solutions that solved the issue with about 6 hours of work. This is my main workstation for general work as well as digital video production and podcast production, so this was important to get running again.

    Thank you all for participating, contributing questions and answers. You convinced me to join the forum, although I hope I don't have additional problems to report.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,499
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14971
       2 Weeks Ago #539

    I'm glad we could help Mathews, and welcome to Ten Forums.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Solved In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps
In-place upgrade, upgrading Windows to a later version or a superior edition of the same version is the only method to upgrade Windows without losing the installed apps and programs. Certain rules apply to an in-place upgrade: The bit version...
Installation and Setup
Solved How do I place a desktop tile on screen in Windows 10
Windows 8.1 had a desktop tile in the start screen. Windows 10 does not appear to have it. Is there a way to get the desktop tile back in windows 10?
Customization
Windows Store missing after doing in-place upgrade from 8.1 to 10
Not sure why this happened, but I did an inplace-upgrade using the .iso created from the Media Tool Creator. When i checked apps on Windows 10, none of my Windows apps where there. I logged into another account and there was also no Windows apps. Is...
Software and Apps
Solved If I don't get the upgrade..., would this work to install windows 10?
If I don't get the upgrade in the next few days, would this work to install windows 10 or should I just wait on an iso download from Microsoft? Please bear with me, it is a little complicated. Will the 10 10240 work to upgrade to the...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 clean install caused Repair Loop Error
Hi everyone, Win 7 user here, wanting to dual boot with Windows 10 preview (on a different partition). So I made a Win 10 usb boot disc, and it installed it fine. Played around with the new Windows for a few mins, whilst it downloaded an...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums