When Excel saves my workbook file, it changes the NTFS ownership of the file to the user account that is using Excel. I need it to allow the data to be changed within the workbook, but not change the file's ownership. Any ideas?
- Windows 10 Pro ... clean recent install ... all updates are current
- Office 2010 (Excel) ... clean recent install ... all updates are current
- The original owner of Excel file is in the Administrator group
- Excel user is not in the Administrator group
- Excel user has the following inherited permissions to the file, through a group, inherited down from the folder in which it resides:
Read and execute
- Excel user does not have the following permissions. I checked this in Properties using the "Effective Access" feature:
The only unusual thing is the Excel file came from an XP machine. I don't see how that would affect anything but ...
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated ... I tried everything I can think of, and have searched this forum and the internet without success.