Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,388
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.447
       21 Dec 2015 #101

    AnonVendetta said: View Post
    If you're going to use CCleaner (and I do as well) then I would highly recommend to feel free to use all portions of the software *EXCEPT* the Registry cleaner. I've had issues with certain softwares not working correctly afterwards (like Opera browser, as an example), and several friends have reported that their PCs wouldn't boot after cleaning the Registry with CCleaner. Registry cleaners are snake oil. No solid evidence has ever been produced that cleaning the Registry will increase performance, and invalid entries will generally not hurt your system/softwares (except in cases where a software may not work correctly if its' Reg entries are missing/invalid). Only edit the Registry when you absolutely need to.
    I check and clear mine if there is any shortcut or invalid entries once a week never ever had trouble and believe me it does improve the running of the system
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 19,728
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       21 Dec 2015 #102

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    I check and clear mine if there is any shortcut or invalid entries once a week never ever had trouble and believe me it does improve the running of the system
    I agree with Don, I've used the registry cleaner maybe at least once a day to check, for years.....never had a problem, plus the fact that CCleaner is one of the milder registry cleaners out their.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       22 Dec 2015 #103

    Hello,

    There is a cookie in CCleaner Pro called *.piriform.com
    I have accidentally deleted this cookie. Does anyone know if it is required, if I should keep it? In this case I can reinstall my CCleaner Pro.

    Thank you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Oct 2013
    East Bay Area, CA
    Posts : 1,041
    Win 10 Pro x64
       22 Dec 2015 #104

    Joanne said: View Post
    Hello,

    There is a cookie in CCleaner Pro called *.piriform.com
    I have accidentally deleted this cookie. Does anyone know if it is required, if I should keep it? In this case I can reinstall my CCleaner Pro.

    Thank you.
    That's just from their website, you don't need it but if you want it back just go to the site again.

    That has no function with using CCleaner, so removing it will not cause any problems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       22 Dec 2015 #105

    derekimo said: View Post
    That's just from their website, you don't need it but if you want it back just go to the site again.

    That has no function with using CCleaner, so removing it will not cause any problems.
    Thank you
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       24 Dec 2015 #106

    Hello

    I thought to give CCEnhancer a try so I am using it with the latest version of CCleaner Pro. One thing that I have observed is that with this tool installed it takes CCleaner a couple of seconds to become usable. What I mean is that when I'm trying to clean my system now, the "Run Cleaner" button becomes available a couple of seconds after I will open CCleaner. Please note that I've set CCleaner to run on Windows 10 Pro start up, so the tool is already running there, minimized, when I try to run the cleaner.

    Is this normal? Does indeed
    CCEnhancer delay CCleaner ?

    Thank you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 19,728
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       24 Dec 2015 #107

    Joanne said: View Post
    Hello

    I thought to give CCEnhancer a try so I am using it with the latest version of CCleaner Pro. One thing that I have observed is that with this tool installed it takes CCleaner a couple of seconds to become usable. What I mean is that when I'm trying to clean my system now, the "Run Cleaner" button becomes available a couple of seconds after I will open CCleaner. Please note that I've set CCleaner to run on Windows 10 Pro start up, so the tool is already running there, minimized, when I try to run the cleaner.

    Is this normal? Does indeed
    CCEnhancer delay CCleaner ?

    Thank you.
    Well CCEnhancer is not made by Piriform who makes CCleaner. Its an add on made by a completely different company. Also could make your CCleaner a lot more aggressive when checking and deleting files. I have the Pro version of CCleaner, and I have not added CCenhancer. Most likey that IS slowing down your CCleaner. With that add-on just be careful what you delete now. Also CCenhancer is NOT supported by Piriform.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       24 Dec 2015 #108

    Thanks.

    I've resolved the "issue" by running trim.bat, as suggested in the WINAPP2 file. To be honest, I did not fully understand what to reply to all the questions the trim.bat file set, but now CCleaner is instantly available, as it used to be.

    So, all is well
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Dec 2013
    England
    Posts : 815
    Windows 8.1 Windows 10 IP 14971 Windows 10 14393.447
       19 Jan 2016 #109

    I have used the registry cleaner to remove 2 years of discarded entries with CCleaner, no problems and my laptop feels snappier
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 13,382
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       26 Jan 2016 #110

    version 5.14.5493 is out
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	60773

    Release Notes



    v5.14.5493 (26 Jan 2016)
    - New Browser Plugins section for browser start up management.
    - Improved Google Chrome and Opera session cleaning.
    - Improved Disk Analyzer file scanning process.
    - Improved TeamViewer and PDF Creator cleaning.
    - Updated exception handling and reporting architecture.
    - Updated various translations.
    - Minor GUI improvements.
    - Minor bug fixes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released
Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released WHQL version: 16.9.2 Release Date: October 5th 2016 Supports: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 32-bit AMD Chipset Drivers Download
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Kaspersky 2016 (English US) version released.
Kaspersky 2016 (English US) version released, however other languages and locales are not yet available at the moment. http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/purchase/kis-general-license Alternate Link & User Guide Kaspersky Internet Security...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
What do you think will happen when the final version is released?
I have read most of all the threads here and just wondered when the final version is ready to release and I say yes to the update to my desktop PC what will it do? I know it will use my previous Windows Prod ID to install but wondered if it...
Installation and Setup
Released version
So when this "10" is released will it be as straight forward as putting in a legal s/n or will it have to be wiped and reinstalled.
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums