Just installed Intel SSD Toolbox (Version 3.2.3) on the latest Win 10 TP (Build 9860) and the SSD optimizer function is now working. I installed it using Windows 8 compatibility & run as Administrator for all users.
All other functions work too, although I could never get Secure Erase to work on any OS or system as the drive was always locked.
Intel Toolbox works for me. I installed in normal fashion with the old version of W-10. (optimizer function didn't work)
After updating to new version of W-10 the Toolbox just started working as it should. (optimizer function works)
I changed nothing in the Intel Toolbox settings.
Working 32 bit versions
Bitdefender free AV
Iobit unistaller free
Using this trick, I can confirm that the Netflix and Hulu Plus metro apps are working perfectly.
On build 9860
SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU4 admin console installs but is unstable.
Google Search Modern app - ok, no issues
Windows 10 Tech Preview Build 9860 x86 (32-bit) on a homebrew desktop, in place upgrade from Windows 8.1 (x86) with all updates. I just installed and upgraded to 9860 yesterday so not much time to test yet. Here are some that you may find interesting.
- Microsoft Mouse without Borders (good because I can't imagine life without it!!)
- Palm Desktop by Access Ver 6.2.2 (this thing just won't quit!!)
- CompanionLink 5 for Palm Desktop (sync Google to Palm Desktop works)
- ResophNotes (SimpleNote client for Windows)
- Total Recorder 8.4 (build 4990)
- Media Player Classic (unicode build) Ver 18.104.22.168 (rev 89) (MP3 and MP4 tested)
- Irfanview for Windows Ver 4.25 (tested with JPG)
- Garmin Mobile PC (software-only version)
- VLC Media Player 2.0.4 Twoflower (FLV tested)
- Core Temp ver 0.99.6.1 - 32bit
- Windows Media Centre (As warned by the installation process.)
- XXClone Home (Runs but says it doesn't recognize this version of Windows. It asks to perform a diagnostic test and then asks you to send the results to Pixelabs for review. I did this. I'll update if/when I hear back from the vendor.)
Is there a "Sort of Working" category? If so:
- Windows Media Player ver 12.0.9860.0 (tested with MP3, WAV, AVI. They play fine ... when it condescends to launch. It always launches just fine the first time you use it after a boot. As long as it's running you can play anything just fine. But once you exit, it will not relaunch. Task Manager says it's "Not Responding". If you "End Task" in Task Manager you can relaunch it and it will again function just fine for that session. Rinse and repeat.)
EDIT: I seem to have resolved the Media Player issue by reinstalling it (turn it off in Windows Features, reboot, and turn it back on).
Last edited by KenG; 31 Oct 2014 at 18:31.
For anyone who has already read my previous post and won't likely see my edit, I seem to have resolved my Media Player 12 issues by reinstalling it (turn it off in Windows Features, reboot, and turn it back on).
Calibre Portable v2.3 is working.
I know it's not the latest version but at least it's a version that works here. I'll report on the latest version after I download and test it.