1. Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       3 Weeks Ago #1

    Windows 10 terrible performance issues


    So I had a Windows 7 Professional, and yesterday I installed Windows 10, clean installation, not an upgrade.
    I downloaded CS:GO, and when I went in for a couple of rounds, I noticed a terrible lag.
    First thing I did was turn off Game DVR. Didn't help.
    Increased virtual memory. Didn't help.
    Checked if I got the right drivers for right OS. Didn't help.
    Help......me........
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 1,625
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       3 Weeks Ago #2

    Look for processes with high CPU/RAM/HDD usage.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #3

    TairikuOkami said: View Post
    Look for processes with high CPU/RAM/HDD usage.
    I did, and saw nothing unusual.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Home x64
       2 Weeks Ago #4

    CS:GO is running perfectly fine under w10 x64 for me. Do you have the proper drivers installed and up to date?

    What videocard do you have? Drivers provided by Windows update or from manufacturer's page?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #5

    eLPuSHeR said: View Post
    CS:GO is running perfectly fine under w10 x64 for me. Do you have the proper drivers installed and up to date?

    What videocard do you have? Drivers provided by Windows update or from manufacturer's page?
    I have a HP laptop, I got the drivers from HP site, my videocard is AMD R7 M260 2gb and an integrated AMD R5 Graphics
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #6

    NotoriousM said: View Post
    I have a HP laptop, I got the drivers from HP site, my videocard is AMD R7 M260 2gb and an integrated AMD R5 Graphics
    I too had problems with playing games when I upgraded my HP laptop from Win7 to Win10. I eventually discovered that Win10 provides a basic generic display driver. I reinstalled the driver for Win7 and have had no further problems. I keep a copy of it because Windows Update will occasionally update automatically and I find my games flaky again. Hope this helps Regards flissa.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #7

    Flissa said: View Post
    I too had problems with playing games when I upgraded my HP laptop from Win7 to Win10. I eventually discovered that Win10 provides a basic generic display driver. I reinstalled the driver for Win7 and have had no further problems. I keep a copy of it because Windows Update will occasionally update automatically and I find my games flaky again. Hope this helps Regards flissa.
    So you installed a driver for Windows 7 on Windows 10?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #8

    NotoriousM said: View Post
    So you installed a driver for Windows 7 on Windows 10?
    Yep I sure did!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #9

    Flissa said: View Post
    Yep I sure did!!
    Thank you very much, Flissa.
    I did the same and now I have no problems.
    Thank you!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #10

    NotoriousM said: View Post
    Thank you very much, Flissa.
    I did the same and now I have no problems.
    Thank you!
    Glad I could help. Happy gaming to you. Kind regards Flissa.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows errors/performance issues
WHats up guys? so ive been having this issue where im getting these 2 errors in event viewer and can not figure out why or how to fix them. there are usually 8 kernel power ones and 4 ACPI ones. Log Name: System Source: ...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Solved Performance installation issues
If this forum is setup similar to the Windows 8 forum, my laptop specs should appear as part of my signature. I come to this forum to help fix a few issues with my now upgraded version of Windows. Honestly, in the 20+ years I've owned pc's and...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Windows Explorer Poor Performance: multiple issues with drives
Recently after some changes to my PC windows explorer has become very slow at performing specific tasks: 1. Trying to view the properties of folders takes anywhere from 5-8 seconds when it used to take less than one. 2. When I open folders...
General Support
Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10
In all of my games after upgrading no longer scale properly (the picture is too big for the screen) and there are sever graphical problems. Its almost as if the games dont load some of the shaders or filters. When switching to borderless window in...
Graphic Cards
Windows 10 and Samsung 850 EVO SSD performance issues
I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am getting extremely slow performance from my Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Running Samsung magician to test my benchmark performance, I am getting: Random read/write (IOPS) of 16483/17594 respectively Seq...
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums