1. Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home
       18 Oct 2016 #1

    sfc /scannow fails with MSDTC.exe missing, MSI installers failing


    Quicken was crashing on startup and nothing seemed to be fixing it. I decided to uninstall and reinstall, and now I number of issues have come up. Quicken install kept closing on its splash screen, so I tried running sfc /scannow. It keeps failing at 22% and the culprit seems to be a missing msdtc.exe; I've also found this error in the services. Sfc log is pasted below.

    I cleared all traces of Quicken I could find out, but the install was still failing. I tried opening Quickbooks, figuring it might be an Intuit issue, and it crashes on the splash screen as well. I then tried uninstalling it, but the MSI installer fails with the error message "'There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package."

    I'm not sure if these are related in some way. I'd really love to repair Windows without a complete reinstall or a refresh.

    CBS log:

    Code:
    2016-10-18 13:32:33, Info                  CSI    0000124c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:9]'msdtc.exe' of Microsoft-Windows-COM-DTC-Runtime, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, file is missing
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000124d Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\es-ES in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'es-es', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000124e@2016/10/18:17:32:34.195 CSIPERF - FileMapsCreated 179ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000124f CSIPERF - FilePI Commit 179ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001250@2016/10/18:17:32:34.211 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001251@2016/10/18:17:32:34.352 CSIPERF - FileMapsCreated 116ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001252 CSIPERF - FilePI Commit 116ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001253@2016/10/18:17:32:34.356 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001254 [DIRSD OWNER WARNING] Directory [l:6 ml:7]'\??\C:' is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-ClientRootSecurity, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001255 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C: in component Microsoft-Windows-ClientRootSecurity, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001256@2016/10/18:17:32:34.366 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001257@2016/10/18:17:32:34.384 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001258@2016/10/18:17:32:34.396 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001259@2016/10/18:17:32:34.478 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125a@2016/10/18:17:32:34.512 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125b@2016/10/18:17:32:34.524 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125c Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\cs-CZ in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'cs-cz', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125d@2016/10/18:17:32:34.636 CSIPERF - FileMapsCreated 102ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125e CSIPERF - FilePI Commit 102ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125f@2016/10/18:17:32:34.640 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001260 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\sv-SE in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'sv-se', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001261@2016/10/18:17:32:34.748 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001262@2016/10/18:17:32:34.758 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001263@2016/10/18:17:32:34.769 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001264 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\de-DE in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'de-de', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001265@2016/10/18:17:32:34.871 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001266@2016/10/18:17:32:34.891 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001267@2016/10/18:17:32:34.904 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001268@2016/10/18:17:32:34.916 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001269@2016/10/18:17:32:34.926 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126a@2016/10/18:17:32:34.938 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126b@2016/10/18:17:32:34.948 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126c@2016/10/18:17:32:34.958 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126d@2016/10/18:17:32:34.969 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126e@2016/10/18:17:32:34.981 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126f@2016/10/18:17:32:34.991 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001270@2016/10/18:17:32:35.04 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001271 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\ja-JP in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'ja-jp', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001272@2016/10/18:17:32:35.127 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001273@2016/10/18:17:32:35.137 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001274@2016/10/18:17:32:35.159 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001275@2016/10/18:17:32:35.177 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001276@2016/10/18:17:32:35.187 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001277@2016/10/18:17:32:35.259 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001278@2016/10/18:17:32:35.316 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001279@2016/10/18:17:32:35.332 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127a Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\he-IL in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'he-il', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127b@2016/10/18:17:32:35.448 CSIPERF - FileMapsCreated 107ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127c CSIPERF - FilePI Commit 108ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127d@2016/10/18:17:32:35.452 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127e@2016/10/18:17:32:35.468 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127f@2016/10/18:17:32:35.484 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Error                 CSI    00001280 (F) c0000011 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=17 (0x0011)] #2658105# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysReadFile(h = 38c ('\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-com-dtc-runtime_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.0_none_46c76e6076b59fe9\MSDTC.LOG'), evt = 0, apcr = NULL, apcc = NULL, iosb = @0x292257bcd0, data = {l:0 b:}, byteoffset = (null), key = (null))
    [gle=0xd0000011]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Error                 CSI    00001281@2016/10/18:17:32:35.485 (F) onecore\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(3516): Error c0000011 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=17 (0x0011)] originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysReadFile expression: (null)
    [gle=0x80004005]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CBS.log to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161018172834.log to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161017133718.log to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161012190432.cab to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161012174337.cab to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161003233951.cab to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Could not get active session for current session file logging [HRESULT = 0x80004003 - E_POINTER]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Not able to add pending.xml to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Not able to add pending.xml.bad to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Not able to add poqexec.log to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Error                 CSI    00001282 (F) c0000011 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=17 (0x0011)] #2658104# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CFile::ReadFile(Flags = 0, Buffer = {l:0 ml:4 b:}, Offset = (null), Disposition = (null))[gle=0xd0000011]
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10 Pro
       18 Oct 2016 #2

    alexso said: View Post
    Quicken was crashing on startup and nothing seemed to be fixing it. I decided to uninstall and reinstall, and now I number of issues have come up. Quicken install kept closing on its splash screen, so I tried running sfc /scannow. It keeps failing at 22% and the culprit seems to be a missing msdtc.exe; I've also found this error in the services. Sfc log is pasted below.

    I cleared all traces of Quicken I could find out, but the install was still failing. I tried opening Quickbooks, figuring it might be an Intuit issue, and it crashes on the splash screen as well. I then tried uninstalling it, but the MSI installer fails with the error message "'There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package."

    I'm not sure if these are related in some way. I'd really love to repair Windows without a complete reinstall or a refresh.

    CBS log:

    Code:
    2016-10-18 13:32:33, Info                  CSI    0000124c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:9]'msdtc.exe' of Microsoft-Windows-COM-DTC-Runtime, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, file is missing
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000124d Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\es-ES in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'es-es', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000124e@2016/10/18:17:32:34.195 CSIPERF - FileMapsCreated 179ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000124f CSIPERF - FilePI Commit 179ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001250@2016/10/18:17:32:34.211 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001251@2016/10/18:17:32:34.352 CSIPERF - FileMapsCreated 116ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001252 CSIPERF - FilePI Commit 116ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001253@2016/10/18:17:32:34.356 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001254 [DIRSD OWNER WARNING] Directory [l:6 ml:7]'\??\C:' is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-ClientRootSecurity, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001255 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C: in component Microsoft-Windows-ClientRootSecurity, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001256@2016/10/18:17:32:34.366 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001257@2016/10/18:17:32:34.384 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001258@2016/10/18:17:32:34.396 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001259@2016/10/18:17:32:34.478 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125a@2016/10/18:17:32:34.512 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125b@2016/10/18:17:32:34.524 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125c Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\cs-CZ in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'cs-cz', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125d@2016/10/18:17:32:34.636 CSIPERF - FileMapsCreated 102ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125e CSIPERF - FilePI Commit 102ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000125f@2016/10/18:17:32:34.640 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001260 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\sv-SE in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'sv-se', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001261@2016/10/18:17:32:34.748 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001262@2016/10/18:17:32:34.758 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001263@2016/10/18:17:32:34.769 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001264 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\de-DE in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'de-de', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001265@2016/10/18:17:32:34.871 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001266@2016/10/18:17:32:34.891 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001267@2016/10/18:17:32:34.904 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001268@2016/10/18:17:32:34.916 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    00001269@2016/10/18:17:32:34.926 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126a@2016/10/18:17:32:34.938 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126b@2016/10/18:17:32:34.948 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126c@2016/10/18:17:32:34.958 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126d@2016/10/18:17:32:34.969 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126e@2016/10/18:17:32:34.981 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:34, Info                  CSI    0000126f@2016/10/18:17:32:34.991 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001270@2016/10/18:17:32:35.04 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001271 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\ja-JP in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'ja-jp', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001272@2016/10/18:17:32:35.127 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001273@2016/10/18:17:32:35.137 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001274@2016/10/18:17:32:35.159 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001275@2016/10/18:17:32:35.177 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001276@2016/10/18:17:32:35.187 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001277@2016/10/18:17:32:35.259 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001278@2016/10/18:17:32:35.316 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    00001279@2016/10/18:17:32:35.332 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127a Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\he-IL in component Microsoft-Windows-Cdosys.Resources, version 10.0.14393.0, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'he-il', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    
    
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127b@2016/10/18:17:32:35.448 CSIPERF - FileMapsCreated 107ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127c CSIPERF - FilePI Commit 108ms
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127d@2016/10/18:17:32:35.452 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127e@2016/10/18:17:32:35.468 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CSI    0000127f@2016/10/18:17:32:35.484 Primitive installers committed for repair
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Error                 CSI    00001280 (F) c0000011 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=17 (0x0011)] #2658105# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysReadFile(h = 38c ('\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-com-dtc-runtime_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.0_none_46c76e6076b59fe9\MSDTC.LOG'), evt = 0, apcr = NULL, apcc = NULL, iosb = @0x292257bcd0, data = {l:0 b:}, byteoffset = (null), key = (null))
    [gle=0xd0000011]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Error                 CSI    00001281@2016/10/18:17:32:35.485 (F) onecore\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(3516): Error c0000011 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=17 (0x0011)] originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysReadFile expression: (null)
    [gle=0x80004005]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CBS.log to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161018172834.log to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161017133718.log to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161012190432.cab to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161012174337.cab to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Added C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20161003233951.cab to WER report.
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Could not get active session for current session file logging [HRESULT = 0x80004003 - E_POINTER]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Not able to add pending.xml to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Not able to add pending.xml.bad to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Info                  CBS    Not able to add poqexec.log to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2016-10-18 13:32:35, Error                 CSI    00001282 (F) c0000011 [Error,Facility=(system),Code=17 (0x0011)] #2658104# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CFile::ReadFile(Flags = 0, Buffer = {l:0 ml:4 b:}, Offset = (null), Disposition = (null))[gle=0xd0000011]
    Have you tried a system restore? Restore your system to a time when Quicken was functioning correctly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Jun 2016
    Los Angeles
    Posts : 344
    Windows 10 Pro
       18 Oct 2016 #3

    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator.
    In the Elevated Command Prompt, type or copy and paste
    DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RestoreHealth and press enter. This should clean up the image and allow you to run SFC /scannow again with no errors.
    You can also download the Microsoft Web Platform installer.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home
       18 Oct 2016 #4

    Running this resulted in the following error:

    Error: 0x800f081f


    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

    spunk said: View Post
    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator.
    In the Elevated Command Prompt, type or copy and paste
    DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RestoreHealth and press enter. This should clean up the image and allow you to run SFC /scannow again with no errors.
    You can also download the Microsoft Web Platform installer.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Oct 2016 #5

    alexso said: View Post
    Running this resulted in the following error:

    Error: 0x800f081f


    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.
    Have you tried a system restore to a point where things worked correctly? That should correct your issues.

    A second solution would be to download a Windows source or ISO file. Follow these instructions to download it:

    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

    After the download completes, you will need to mount the ISO file. Then go to the Admin Command Prompt and execute the following replacing E with the drive where the ISO file is mounted:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home
       19 Oct 2016 #6

    The DISM with the ISO failed also. I restored to a point before the issues, but still had failures with sfc /scannow and DISM. I ended up doing a repair upgrade using the ISO file, which seems to have finally fixed everything.

    Thanks for the help!


    TexasBandit said: View Post
    Have you tried a system restore to a point where things worked correctly? That should correct your issues.

    A second solution would be to download a Windows source or ISO file. Follow these instructions to download it:

    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

    After the download completes, you will need to mount the ISO file. Then go to the Admin Command Prompt and execute the following replacing E with the drive where the ISO file is mounted:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10 Pro
       20 Oct 2016 #7

    alexso said: View Post
    The DISM with the ISO failed also. I restored to a point before the issues, but still had failures with sfc /scannow and DISM. I ended up doing a repair upgrade using the ISO file, which seems to have finally fixed everything.

    Thanks for the help!
    You are very welcome. Sorry my suggestion did not resolve your problem, but I am glad the repair/upgrade did the trick.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails
Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from...
Performance & Maintenance
sfc /scannow fails on new UEFI Install
Hey all, Just a little concerned. I installed to my new PC: Windows 10 Pro x64. This was from a brand new OEM DVD. I installed under UEFI. Installation was a breeze with no errors or issues. Immediately after the installation completed, I...
Performance & Maintenance
The open procedure for service miApRpl, MSDTC, LSA, ESENT, BITS...
Does anybody out there know how to solve these event log errors? EventID 1008 Windows 10 x64 Pro (1511 bld10586.3) The usual solutions on Internet are all talking about WSS_WPG ( Windows SharePoint Services Worker Process Group) but likely...
Performance & Maintenance
Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive
Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.."...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 10 start button fails, search fails restart fails
Not cause by virus .. this just started today. I tried a restore point of yesterday .. nothing. I have tried several suggestions from the web but nothing seems to do it? I know it would be better if i could name them but can't remember the exact...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums