I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:
- Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
- Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
- Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
- Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
- Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."
- Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
- Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
- How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?