Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
       12 Mar 2016 #251

    DavidR said: View Post
    However, in my case, one computer is difficult to access even though it's listed. Trying a few times corrects it and then it works just fine.
    I have a similar complaint, and only when there is a reboot required to finish any updates on that one computer. If I reboot again, it boots clean and does what it should do.

    What "amuses" me most about this is that the computer giving me grief now was previously the more reliable to connect properly to the network.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       14 Mar 2016 #252

    Yay, all was fixed with the latest updates for another laptop. Now I just updated another laptop from version 10240 to 10586.164 and this laptop cant any see anyone in network, most of the time it cant even see itself. Any ideas?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10
       14 Mar 2016 #253

    windows10bleeh said: View Post
    Yay, all was fixed with the latest updates for another laptop. Now I just updated another laptop from version 10240 to 10586.164 and this laptop cant any see anyone in network, most of the time it cant even see itself. Any ideas?
    I am on 10586.164 as well
    I'd try and reboot it a couple of times
    Last edited by flemmingkk; 14 Mar 2016 at 09:01.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 8
    windowa 10
       14 Mar 2016 #254

    Cant access network files on home network with windows 10, this is the error
    code ox80004005: Windows cant access server \\Server name\directory

    Goto control panel > Network and sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings >
    In network discovery make sure ‘Turn on network discovery’ has a bullet point, then in
    ‘All networks’ make sure the bullet point is on “turn off protected sharing’ close the control panel.

    Then Go to the computer you cant access, left click the drive or directory you want to share > Properties > Security > Edit > Add > Advanced >Find Now > find “Everyone” > Ok > High lite “Everyone” > Click ‘allow Full Control > Ok out
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       14 Mar 2016 #255

    marjwyatt said: View Post
    I have a similar complaint, and only when there is a reboot required to finish any updates on that one computer. If I reboot again, it boots clean and does what it should do.
    In my case it doesn't. Whenever I start a computer up, one of the other computers on the network (same one each time) is displayed but not accessible. Error message says that a protocol is not installed. However, after six to a dozen attempts, it does access that computer and it remains accessible for the rest of that session.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 8
    windowa 10
       14 Mar 2016 #256

    tks
    Last edited by 88rizer; 21 Mar 2016 at 07:17.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       15 Mar 2016 #257

    88rizer said: View Post
    Cant access network files on home network with windows 10, this is the error
    code ox80004005: Windows cant access server \\Server name\directory

    Goto control panel > Network and sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings >
    In network discovery make sure ‘Turn on network discovery’ has a bullet point, then in
    ‘All networks’ make sure the bullet point is on “turn off protected sharing’ close the control panel.

    Then Go to the computer you cant access, left click the drive or directory you want to share > Properties > Security > Edit > Add > Advanced >Find Now > find “Everyone” > Ok > High lite “Everyone” > Click ‘allow Full Control > Ok out
    That has nothing to do with the major problem in this thread and also is really bad advice security wise.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       21 Mar 2016 #258

    Still at complete loss with the another laptop, anyone have any ideas?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 7, 8.1, 10
       21 Mar 2016 #259

    OK. So it sounds like the network and file sharing are all working fine with the exception of what the Windows 10 system can "see".
    Here is my standard setup for Windows 10:







    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN 10 Advanced Sharing Settings 1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	70785
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN 10 Advanced Sharing Settings 2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	70786
    I've also attached them as I can't get them to expand here.
    Although letting Windows manage Homegroups, there are NO homegroups!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,277
    win 10 Insider
       21 Mar 2016 #260

    DavidR said: View Post
    Yes, it does seem to be fixed now, thank goodness. However, in my case, one computer is difficult to access even though it's listed. Trying a few times corrects it and then it works just fine.
    I also see the 80070035 error a few times when trying to access a network share. Strangely, though, if the underlying shares themselves are added to Quick Access, there is no such delay in accessing them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
i upgraded 2 computers to windows 10 and java doesnt work on both
i upgraded 2 computers to windows 10 and java doesnt work on both
Software and Apps
Business type workgroup Network
Finally installed Win10 on a computer with raw HD. It installed realtively easy. But I can not figure out how to setup a network to see two Win7 computers on a small business type workgroup. I disabled Homegroup since I am most comfortable...
Network and Sharing
Windows 9 Might Not Work on 32-Bit Computers Report
More
Windows 10 News
Steampunk computer computer cases/keyboards....
http://i.imgur.com/6tiV6Mo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/hDcLSPe.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5s8rLWI.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Q7UIuP6.jpg
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:17.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums