That key works when upgraded from Seven or wight to Ten, or clean installing Ten. It seems not to work when trying to get a basic Ten to Ten Pro.
Really? I have to check, I did not get it working through Add Features in basic Ten.
I cannot understand why I did not get it working first time, tested twice on a virtual machine and it was a no go. Might be that I managed to type the key wrong twice. This time I copy & pasted the key and it worked just perfectly .
If you have upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium or lesser or basic Windows 8, Go to Control Panel > Add Features to Windows 10 and select I already have a product key:
Now give the Windows 10 Technical Preview product key NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR and click Next. The basic Windows 10 will now be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, Windows will reboot when it's done and you have all features of Pro edition available.
What I now finally managed was like this:
- I installed Windows 7 Home Premium
- I did an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 Build 9926, no key was asked during the process
- When the upgrade was done I had a basic 10, version told in PC Settings > System > About as Windows 10 Technical Preview
- I run Control Panel > Add Features telling it I have an existing key
- I gave the general Windows 10 Tech Preview key NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR
- After the Add Features had rebooted the machine, I had a Pro edition, version told in PC Settings > System > About as Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview
That's all I did, all I know.