Today, while having lunch at my favorite restaurant, I tried to connect to their WiFi network as I usually do.
I got the following message:
Checking network resources
And then, after a few seconds:
Can't connect to this network
My obvious question is, why not? To begin with, was it something wrong with my computer, or something wrong with their network? A more helpful message would have been appreciated, but this is, after all, Windows 10, which in the name of "user-friendliness," withholds important information from its users.
For example, any of these messages would have helped:
- DHCP server did not respond
- DHCP server did not issue an IP address
- Stored password incorrect; enter new password: _________
- WiFi adapter card not responding
- Insufficient virtual memory
But no, none of that useful information was offered. How am I supposed to fix the problem? Or do I just go away disappointed?