If the registry settings are corrupted or one or more files are missing from the registry then you might come across errors like:
One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.
Basically, Windows sockets helps in the management of incoming as well as outgoing network requests of the operating system. If the required network requests are not fulfilled then you will come across this error on your computer.
Follow these helpful methods, if you are unable to connect to Internet due to “Windows sockets registry entries missing error in Windows computer:
Solution No. (1) Reset Winsock
- Run command prompt as administrator in Windows computer.
- Enter the command "netsh winsock reset" in the command prompt and press Enter:
- Now, simply reboot your PC.
Solution No. (2) Delete Winsock Registry
- Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R keys together and enter regedit in it and click OK.
- Open the following registry key in the Windows registry editor:
- Right-click on the WinSock2 key and select Export option to save the backup.
- Now right click on WinSock2 key again and then select Delete option to delete this Winsock registry.
- Perform the same steps again with WinSock registry which you have done with WinSock2 in step (3) and step (4). To delete WinSock Registry, open the following registry key:
- Once all done, now reboot your computer.
Solution No. (3) Reinstall TCP/IP
- Open the Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network Properties.
- Right-click on the “Local Area connection” or “Ethernet connection” and then select Properties option.
- On the properties dialog box, click on Install option.
- Select Protocol and the click on Add option.
- Simply click on the Have Disk option.
- Enter C:\Windows\inf in the Copy manufacturer’s files from section and then click OK button.
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) – Tunnels from the list of Internet Protocols and then click the OK button.
- Close Network and Sharing Center and restart your computer.
Now, the Windows sockets regarding entries missing error should be resolved. To know in details and step by step, follow this guide:
Thanks. I hope you find it helpful.