Hello! I have Windows 10 Home currently installed on my Asus X102BA. I got Windows 10 thru upgrade. Original OS is Windows 8.1. Upgrade went well. Reset to PC (Keep my Files) went well also after a few months. However, just this month, I noticed that every time I would leave my laptop on for a long time, it would not wake up from sleep. Even pressing Sleep won't show any improvement. The same week, upon opening laptop, it demands System Repair. It failed. Tried System Restore. I can use the laptop but waking up from sleep is still not fixed. And then, just last week, all three ports stopped working. One is USB 3.0, the other two are USB 2.0. Flash drives are functional upon using it on another laptop. Connected my Transcend 1TB hard drive, still the same. I always get the 'beep' sound but it won't show on My Computer. Even SD Port won't work. Here are the steps I've tried so far:
1. Used another User Account. Ports are still not working.
2. Checked Disk Management. None of the drives are listed there. I even tried changing the Drive Letters of the unnamed drive but it won't let me. None of the Capacity is similar with the drives I am using.
2. Tried updating USB Root Hub and USB Host Controller. Says updated. However, name of the flash drive would show up under Other Devices.
3. Name of the device and USB Controller both has Code 28: The drivers for this device are not installed. There are no compatible drivers for this device. Updating it proves to be useless. 4. Turned off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power to all USB Root Hubs. Still nothing.
5. Enabled/Disabled USB Selective Suspend Setting. Still none.
6. Enabled/Disabled Turn on fast startup. Same.
7. Uninstalled USB Controller. Nothing.
8. Windows Update. Up to date.
9. System Restore. Still not working.
10. Reset PC. Reset is unsuccessful. First Reset stopped at 8%. Second stopped at 35%.
11. Contacted Microsoft thru chat. Technician wasn't able to fixed the issue. He suggested In-place Upgrade wherein he mentioned that none of my files and apps will be deleted. I'll be fine with apps being deleted. Technician downloaded Media Creation Tool. Told him I already have an installer. He insisted that I still download it and took it from there.
- It took me 4 hours to download the Windows including its creation and what not to be greeted with Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot Windows and run setup again.
- Tried my installer. Same error.
- Used another account. Same.
- Retried it the following day. Same.
- Freed the Disk C for some space. Still the same.
- Deleted $Windows.~WS but cannot delete $Windows.~BT. The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.
- Entered Safe Mode. Changed permission. It won't let me delete WinSxS folder. The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.
- Used CMD to delete it. Nothing.
- Tried deleting Windows.old. You require permission from SYSTEM to make this changes. SYSTEM permission is equal with my account. Used another account. None.
My user account uses Microsoft e-mail while the other account is a local account.
Please help me with my concern. I just want the USB ports to work. And yeah, fixing the Reset Issue will also be good without deleting my files. But the ports first so that I can transfer them to my external HDD. I was busy with school lately and unfortunately, that entitled me to download too many files and be not able to back this up. Uploading these to cloud will be too time-consuming as I have many files that I have to keep and the other partition is a bit low already.
I can still charge my Android phone thru the USB cable but it won't show up.