There are a few things that I see in Speccy that might need attention.
First see if there is malware on your machine. Yontoo is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP).
A few on-demand scans will identify and remediate any malware on your system.
Restart your machine in case there are any system operations pending
Click here to download Old Timer-TFC.
>> save the application to your Desktop.
Old Timer-TFC is a standalone application, there is no install.
!!!!! Save your work and close all open windows.
TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Right click, run as administrator TFC
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning up temporary files and folders.
!!!!! Do not work on other things while TFC is running - most applications use some sort of temporary files. Just let TFC run by itself on the machine until it completes.
Restart your machine immediately after TFC completes.
AdwCleaner is a two step process. Scan then Clean
Click here to download AdwCleaner (author: Xplode)
--> save the application to your Desktop.
- Right-click AdwCleaner.exe on your Desktop and select Run As Administrator to run the scanner with full privilege rights.
AdwCleaner is a standalone executable, there is no install.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner begins scanning your system. It might take some time to complete.
- Review the detected objects grouped under each of the tabs.
--> If there is something you KNOW should NOT be cleaned, clear the checkbox next to the object. If you're not sure about an object, paste the scan logfile (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) in a new post for a member to review and advise you.
Otherwise, go to the next step.
- After the scan has finished and you have reviewed the objects to be cleaned, click on the Clean button.
- Answer OK to the close all programs prompt, then follow the onscreen prompts.
- Answer OK to the restart the computer prompt to complete the removal process.
The AdwCleaner log file is opened in your default Text editor when the machine has restarted.
Each time AdwCleaner runs, the log file number [#] is incremented, the highest number is the most recent. There are two log files, one for the scan (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) and one for the clean (AdwCleaner[C#].txt).
Paste the entire clean logfile (AdwCleaner[C#].txt) in your next post.
--> AdwCleaner logs are located in the C:\AdwCleaner folder if you need to reference them again
and finish this exercise with:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free - Windows 7 Help Forums