Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       1 Week Ago #1

    System lock ups randomly.


    Ok, I have done everything I know how to do and am completely at a loss now. My pc consist of the following parts:

    CPU:6700k
    GPU: EVGA 980 TI SC.
    MB Asus Z170PRO
    RAM 16gb DDR4
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 - WD Black Edition 2TB.

    Temps on the pc are amazing they idle around 20-25 and load is about 39-44 on cpu and gpu is around 29-33 Idle and load about 60-70c. I have run SFC Scans I have reinstalled I have run mem test and am clueless on what else to do...Sometimes it will go all week without locking up and others its 2-3x in a day all the parts was bought earlier this year and assembled. The system is NOT over clocked.


    I will be playing a game and I will sometimes hear a short quick static sound like ssszzht and bam entire system frozen. I have to hard shut down to get it to come back. I have checked the SSD and HDD health both showing 100% and strong running. I have checked for any driver updates and I am fully up2date. Any ideas?

    Could this be from a USB hub maybe? I just thought of this idk if it is possible or not, Normally I can track down just about any problem but when I pull the event viewer or reliability log up it just simply says Windows has shut down unexpectedly... This due to I have to hard shut down cause it locked up.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       1 Week Ago #2

    I have also run the PC diagnostics tool from Asus for my board and everything has passed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Nov 2016
    Mauritius
    Posts : 6
    Kubuntu 16.10
       1 Week Ago #3

    Do you have another power supply at hand? Try replacing it and see if there are any improvements.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       1 Week Ago #4

    cedroid09 said: View Post
    Do you have another power supply at hand? Try replacing it and see if there are any improvements.

    Yes I have tried another PSU, Results are the same. The lock ups are not consistent. Sometimes itll be 3 weeks without one and other times itll be 2x a day.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       1 Week Ago #5

    I cant help but wonder if maybe my USB hub isnt having something to do with it, I have a usb extension 3.0 cord in a 3.1 slot and attached to a 4 port hub. One of the things might be lose inside cause I can wiggle it and hear it DC the hardware I wonder if I am not shorting something out somehow, sitting here at work atm and thought of it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2016
    Mauritius
    Posts : 6
    Kubuntu 16.10
       1 Week Ago #6

    rinji07 said: View Post
    I cant help but wonder if maybe my USB hub isnt having something to do with it, I have a usb extension 3.0 cord in a 3.1 slot and attached to a 4 port hub. One of the things might be lose inside cause I can wiggle it and hear it DC the hardware I wonder if I am not shorting something out somehow, sitting here at work atm and thought of it.
    Try disconnecting it and let it lose for some time and see if it solves the problem. You hear a static sound each time it locks up?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       1 Week Ago #7

    cedroid09 said: View Post
    Try disconnecting it and let it lose for some time and see if it solves the problem. You hear a static sound each time it locks up?

    Every single time from my headphones but they are also plugged into the USB hub along with my mouse and keyboard. sometimes my phone or a flash drive, and the hub is plugged into an extension which is plugged into a 3.1 slot and allows extra power to be given I will have to test this theory and report back I have tried everything I can think of except for that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2016
    Mauritius
    Posts : 6
    Kubuntu 16.10
       1 Week Ago #8

    rinji07 said: View Post
    Every single time from my headphones but they are also plugged into the USB hub along with my mouse and keyboard. sometimes my phone or a flash drive, and the hub is plugged into an extension which is plugged into a 3.1 slot and allows extra power to be given I will have to test this theory and report back I have tried everything I can think of except for that.
    I am pretty sure the sound you hear through your headphones are caused by Windows freezing, nothing to worry about. I recommend that you check and update your drivers as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       1 Week Ago #9

    cedroid09 said: View Post
    I am pretty sure the sound you hear through your headphones are caused by Windows freezing, nothing to worry about. I recommend that you check and update your drivers as well.
    I have checked about 30x no joke. everything is up2date.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2016
    Mauritius
    Posts : 6
    Kubuntu 16.10
       1 Week Ago #10

    Ok, try the USB hub and let us know
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
System randomly restarts while PC being used
The error messages shown in the system event viewer is as follows: 1) The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (PC-DESK) has initiated the restart of computer PC-DESK on behalf of user PC-DESK\PC Desk for the following reason: Other...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Total system lock up
Hello all, I have a custom built PC that seems to have quite a unique issue. (Or so google thinks) I am unable to load anything other than the bios. When i attempt to boot into windows the computer locks up. When i attempt to choose the repair...
General Support
BSOD randomly on boot Bad System Config Info.
I have been able to boot every time but it pops up on random boots. ran SFC/scannow and it got some errors that it couldn't fix and i got these cbs 92845files. also attached are the requested files.92846 Thanks for the help!
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
System resets randomly
My system Reset Randomly. I have windows 10 installed.
Performance & Maintenance
My computer will randomly go to the lock screen
When I am using my computer, the screen will go black and then go to the lock screen, just like if I had locked it using the start menu. It happens even If I'm actively using my computer. All my power settings are set so that when my laptop is on...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:05.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums