The more and more I use vanilla Win8, the more I think that Win8.1 is better than Win10.
Originally Posted by ksdixon
- OneNote Modern App on Win8 has the circular radical menu, and ability to change pen thickness.
- (Vanilla Win8.0) 'Uninstalling' a modern app from the Start Screen actually uninstalls it. You don't have to additionally go into All Apps and uninstall it again. Simillarly, newly installed programs and modern apps are automatically pinned to the Start Screen. Saves me the hassel of having to pin them myself.
- Touch keyboard's 2nd layout has numbers in the middle of the left and right hand keys, instead of a blank space in the middle. This makes it much easier to type passwords which have both letters and numbers in them, rather than clicking back and forth between letters and numbers.
- Touch screen/touch gestures in general are MUCH smoother, whereas Win10's Tablet Mode seems to have strange and glitchy behaviour.
- OneDrive has the placeholder files, which shows what is in each folder even if it is not downloaded to the device (file is offline). For devices with small capacity spaces, having to manually sync items like back on Windows 7 can play havoc with the amount of space you have.
- Active window's titlebars are colored, instead of being white. This makes it easier to see at a moment's glance which window is active.
- The opened-taskbar items are easier to see, than Win10's slightly white overlay. The taskbar progress-meters (such as copy window progress, and media player timeline positions) are green instead of a slightly white overlay). These make it much easier to see at a moment's glance where they are upto.