First and foremost, you will need 2 thumbdrives or DVD's.
One for The Windows install media, and one for the Macrium Recovery Environment.
Also and External Disk for the system image will be needed.
When clean installing, you're really only looking to rebuild these two partitions:
- ***Unplug ALL additional drives(internal as well as external before clean installing! Only have your system disk connected***
- Boot into the Windows install media, and set up the language setting as always.
- When it asks for a key, select "I don't have a product key" at the bottom.
- Select custom install, and delete all partitions.
- Select "Next" and let the installer build the partitions.
- If the PC uses wifi you can also skip this step, as you will be re imaging your C: drive with all Windows updates, your programs, drivers, and data.
- Go ahead and use Express settings because of the above also.
- Let the install finish.
- When you come to the desktop, go ahead and safely remove the install media.
- Now shutdown and plug in the Macrium recovery media and boot into it.
- Turn on the external device that contains the system image.
- Click the Restore tab.
Find your image you made click on it, to select the partition(C:) and ONLY select this one.
Let Macrium restore the partition.
Close Macrium and reboot into Windows.