I've been an early adopter of Win 10 with almost no issues on 5 computers. Last week, started to have some mouse issues - restarted a few times and issues went away. Today, they're back and won't go away.
1) The cursor moves around normally, but when you go to left click on an icon or menu item, nothing happens.
2) Found that clicking the right button seems to work on menu items but nothing happens when I right click on the red x (close window icon).
3) As I attempted to use the trouble shooting software in Win 10, I found that even while trying to navigate around windows using the mouse and hitting enter when over a selection, Windows seems to not be paying attention to my selections and wants to open up what it wants to.
4) I've tried to open device manager and Uninstal the drivers for the mouse - won't let me using the navigation techniques that I've mentioned.
5) Tried to do a software restore - won't let me.
6) Tried to open Norton - no dice
7) Can open a jpeg from an icon on my desk, opens, but then I can't close it.
9) Most every window that I open seems impossible to close once open.
10) Sometimes I click on another icon in Control Panel, but it just brings me back to another open window.
11) I have been able to shut down and restart Win 10 using the mouse to move the cursor around and enter key to select.
12) Seems like I've encountered something like this before, but then just avoided my computer for a week, then the next time that I started it, it did an update and everything was cool - hate to have to do a fresh install - I can't seem to navigate to restore.
Thanks in advance!