Page 42 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Jan 2014
    Posts : 927
    Windows 8.1, 10
       27 Jun 2015 #411

    I can make the 'God Mode' folder on my desktop OK in 32-bit - when I double-click I get a long list of settings as expected.

    But when I right-click and 'Pin to Start' it doesn't seem to be added to the Start Menu.

    Could be a bug in 10130 of course. I'm using a local account which might make a difference too?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,047
    Windows 10 Pro
       27 Jun 2015 #412

    essenbe said: View Post
    I'm going to have to remake the video anyway. I just found out if you delete the desktop folder, the start menu will not work, which makes perfect sense, if you have your brain in gear.
    Steve, do you want me to add the video as it to the list, or do we wait the remake?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,115
    W10Prox64
       27 Jun 2015 #413

    essenbe said: View Post
    Simrick, I am downloading build 10130 X86 now and will try it out. It is supposed to work on 32 bit, but I'll see tomorrow. Did you name it CONTROL.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} You can change the CONTROL to whatever you want but the
    .{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
    has to be there with some name in front of it.

    I'm going to have to remake the video anyway. I just found out if you delete the desktop folder, the start menu will not work, which makes perfect sense, if you have your brain in gear.
    Okay - so I tried the name/number you have in this post, and now the folder icon changed, and it works as expected! I wonder if I had a problem copying it from the YouTube notes? Could have been...it was very late....
    I'm sorry to have put you through all that trouble of downloading and installing 32bit.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,115
    W10Prox64
       27 Jun 2015 #414

    DavidY said: View Post
    I can make the 'God Mode' folder on my desktop OK in 32-bit - when I double-click I get a long list of settings as expected.

    But when I right-click and 'Pin to Start' it doesn't seem to be added to the Start Menu.

    Could be a bug in 10130 of course. I'm using a local account which might make a difference too?
    Pin to Start worked for me, however, I couldn't see it until I made the Start window wider - then it showed up. I am using an MS account.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,115
    W10Prox64
       27 Jun 2015 #415

    essenbe said: View Post
    I'm going to have to remake the video anyway. I just found out if you delete the desktop folder, the start menu will not work, which makes perfect sense, if you have your brain in gear.
    So I can't delete this folder ever? (My brain is not in gear - not enough coffee yet!)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,115
    W10Prox64
       27 Jun 2015 #416

    essenbe said: View Post
    Simrick, I am downloading build 10130 X86 now and will try it out. It is supposed to work on 32 bit, but I'll see tomorrow. Did you name it CONTROL.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} You can change the CONTROL to whatever you want but the
    .{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
    has to be there with some name in front of it.

    I'm going to have to remake the video anyway. I just found out if you delete the desktop folder, the start menu will not work, which makes perfect sense, if you have your brain in gear.
    Okay I figured it out:

    CONTROL.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-9971204-3E01C} = the first name I used
    CONTROL.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} = Here in forum (works)

    See the difference? Not sure how that happened.......LOL

    edit: I just tried copying the name in YouTube and pasted it into Notepad - got that same "dash" again in front of the 3. How the heck can I do that? My computer needs a clean install desperately....I sure hope the new version is released Monday!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 7,235
    W10
       27 Jun 2015 #417

    simrick said: View Post

    edit: I just tried copying the name in YouTube and pasted it into Notepad - got that same "dash" again in front of the 3. How the heck can I do that?
    Me too!!! Strange!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,047
    Windows 10 Pro
       27 Jun 2015 #418

    simrick said: View Post
    edit: I just tried copying the name in YouTube and pasted it into Notepad - got that same "dash" again in front of the 3. How the heck can I do that? My computer needs a clean install desperately....I sure hope the new version is released Monday!
    Edwin said: View Post
    Me too!!! Strange!


    Tested it now, I can tell you Simrick you can calm down, you are not going crazy . The same happens to me, that extra dash appears when I copy and paste Steve's text from YouTube.

    Strange, the text is correct in video description but when copied & pasted, an extra dash will be added. Good find Simrick!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,115
    W10Prox64
       27 Jun 2015 #419

    Edwin said: View Post
    Me too!!! Strange!
    So I am NOT losing my mind?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 10,637
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       27 Jun 2015 #420

    simrick said: View Post
    So I am NOT losing my mind?
    Nope, you're as sane as I am, which isn't saying a whole lot.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 42 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members
Hi fellow Ten Forums geeks :) Thanks to @Wynona's and @Cliff's idea I thought why not start sharing our homemade Windows 10 themes. To keep this clean and simple, please post only themes with copyright free or your self made backgrounds to avoid...
Customization
Xbox New Windows 10-based Xbox One user experience soon for Preview members
Read more: New Windows 10-based Xbox One user experience will soon roll out to all Preview members
Windows 10 News
10 Forums Members count snip
7730 Not bad numbers 10 10 for the first month of the leak. I am sure it will continue to grow!:party: Charlie
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums