I am having a heck of a time trying to solve an unusual problem.
The folder in question is the Downloads folder in "This PC". This folder is not the downloads folder I wish to use and so I have another folder set up, which works fine in Quick Access. So I want to change the shortcut in "This PC" to that folder.
I right-click on the Downloads folder in "This PC" and Explorer locks up and has to be restarted by clicking the red X icon. This only seems to occur when I right click on that folder. The crash doesn't happen anywhere else in Explorer.
I can access this folder by double-clicking, but I can't right click on it. I can't right click on files in the contents either without the crash occurring.
What I've done so far:
- SFC /scannow --- no problems detected
- Changed download location in Edge. ---- didn't do anything
- ShellExView. Disabled all non-Microsoft context menus. ----didn't do anything
- What is Hang---- it found a glitch
There was a bunch of code below this. I can post it if you think it is helpful. I am out of ideas.Hang report for C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Generated by using WhatIsHang on 4/19/2016 8:58:42 PM
Web site: http://www.nirsoft.net
* The program probably hangs because there is an infinite loop, very long loop, or recursive calls.
Strings found in the stack:
C:\Users\Steve Alex Admin
Some display settin