..doncha just love it when the search-box opens on the taskbar, the start-key doesn't function at all,
and the search box opens to cover the shortcuts on the taskbar - refuses to budge and thus denies
you access to the internet shortcut..
..had to extend the taskbar, just to get at the icons.. what a nuisance!
at the moment, it appears that Windows10 is just a box of tricks, most of which don't function properly or as intended..
Perhaps disabling the search on the taskbar might help. Right click the taskbar - Search - disable
- thanks for the advice, davehc
- I've already done that, the option to disable search is not functioning properly..
- the search box, once activated, refuses to move from the taskbar (- or to revert to the icon..)
- incidentally, the loss of the Start menu is probably the root cause
- as the search box opens automatically when I try to access the Start menu
- under normal conditions, tapping the Start key closes the search box automatically..
'Enable' the search box, then the shortcuts will always stay to the right of it.
the Search function itself (even using Cortana) is working as expected,
- the Start key appears to be borked at the moment..
- I feel that if the Start key were functioning correctly, the problem wouldn't exist..
I don't know what is keeping it from coming back up instantly, but it's annoying. The entry I quoted from this thread is the closest to the problem I can find.
Since upgrading to 41 to many to list. They have been reported.