Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : May 2016
    Austin, Texas, USA
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 pro
       28 May 2016 #551

    Is this the best location for Q&A for win10 tablets?

    I don't mean RT as I have a Lenovo Miix 700 which runs 64bit win10 pro and has a touch screen and detachable keyboard.

    As a result, I am running into needs in both tablet and non tablet mode that lead to "can't get there from here" situations when the keyboard is detached and the osk doesn't work.

    Thanks in advance,
    Beverly Howard
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Nov 2015
    Ohio
    Posts : 411
    Windows 10.0.14393 (1607) Home 64-bit
       28 May 2016 #552

    BevHoward said: View Post
    Is this the best location for Q&A for win10 tablets?

    I don't mean RT as I have a Lenovo Miix 700 which runs 64bit win10 pro and has a touch screen and detachable keyboard.

    As a result, I am running into needs in both tablet and non tablet mode that lead to "can't get there from here" situations when the keyboard is detached and the osk doesn't work.

    Thanks in advance,
    Beverly Howard
    Welcome to the forum. I don't know the answer to your question, but a lot of people here know a lot about W10, so you can probably find something. Anyway, you can't argue with the price.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : May 2016
    Rochester, NY
    Posts : 9
    win10x64
       30 May 2016 #553

    Newbie


    Hi, I'm andythebeagle and I've had a most interesting life so far,

    US Navy from 1963 to 1969, Radar/AC Control/Ship's operation/Communications on Destroyers (Frigates) Mostly in the North Atlantic,
    Auto mechanic From 1969 thru 1980, Overlapping other work when needed to feed my kids.
    I was first introduced to Computers in 1963 when I got hired by Control Data Corporation to service their plug compatible disks and memory on IBM mainframes. Also received training on CDC mainframes (all Octal), and their terminals (a forerunner of small computers)
    Then full time college, too old to hire by any one, machinist for a surgical instrument company, teaching part time because the $$ wasn't enuf to feed the kids.
    Economy fell apart during the 1980s so got a job driving big trucks. Got sick of that after 5 years and started a consulting business doing anything I could to pay the bills. That's when the woodworking, Foundry Pattern Maker and sundry other things came into play;. There's a whole world of stuff in that part of the story. I did that until I stopped breathing one day and decided I'd had enough of working for a living and just quit everything.

    I've been retired now for some 18 years and have never looked back. Now doing video editing and posting them to a couple of sites that host videos. Doesn't pay anything and keeps me alive, kicking and screaming the rest of the way.
    Last edited by andythebeagle; 30 May 2016 at 20:44. Reason: Spelling
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       01 Jun 2016 #554

    Sharing is caring!


    Just a humble admin who found that many of the users here are well informed, and who's looking for a little help.

    Configuring System Image on Recovery Partition - Windows 10 Forums

    "Knowing the specifics of a problem does not always mean the implement of solution is readily at hand."
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 4
    windows 10 64 bit
       01 Jun 2016 #555

    My name is Bill and I live in the midwest in a suburb of KC. I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no faster), using msconfig and the bootlog and verbose boot log and disabling services etc. Nothing seems to improve it. The OS is on a 256 GB OCZ SSD. I would love suggestions to speed up the boot which is about 4 minutes now. Would doing a clean install with a newly purchased Windows 10 Home or Pro solve it. That is my last choice. Thanks for reading and I will post this over in general help if needed.
    Thanks,
    Bill
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 9
    windows 10
       01 Jun 2016 #556

    cheechee63


    Hi am new to this. I come from Australia, but at the moment I am living in Northern Thailand.
    I just need some answers about Windows 10, that is why I joined this forum.
    Just need to find where to post my questions.

    Cheechee
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Nov 2015
    Ohio
    Posts : 411
    Windows 10.0.14393 (1607) Home 64-bit
       01 Jun 2016 #557

    40wnks said: View Post
    My name is Bill and I live in the midwest in a suburb of KC. I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no faster), using msconfig and the bootlog and verbose boot log and disabling services etc. Nothing seems to improve it. The OS is on a 256 GB OCZ SSD. I would love suggestions to speed up the boot which is about 4 minutes now. Would doing a clean install with a newly purchased Windows 10 Home or Pro solve it. That is my last choice. Thanks for reading and I will post this over in general help if needed.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Welcome to the forum.

    If you have build 10586, then I think you have the latest Home version, apart from things like insider builds. The http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/ forum is probably the best place for that question.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    05 Jun 2016 #558

    Hello, everyone!

    My name is Tony Trout and I'm from Western North Carolina. I've been goofing around with computers ever since I was in 4th grade so - a pretty good while. LOL! I just recently turned 40 in May. I'm here hoping to learn what I can about Win10 (I've also posted a thread about a couple of issues that I am having with Win 10). I hope that I'll learn some new things and can be helpful to anyone else here in the forum.

    Thanks,
    Tony Trout
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,739
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       05 Jun 2016 #559

    A welcome to all new members
    Enjoy your stay.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 7,114
    All kinds
       05 Jun 2016 #560

    Tony Trout said: View Post
    Hello, everyone!

    My name is Tony Trout and I'm from Western North Carolina. I've been goofing around with computers ever since I was in 4th grade so - a pretty good while. LOL! I just recently turned 40 in May. I'm here hoping to learn what I can about Win10 (I've also posted a thread about a couple of issues that I am having with Win 10). I hope that I'll learn some new things and can be helpful to anyone else here in the forum.

    Thanks,
    Tony Trout
    Hi and welcome, so you say you got hooked with computers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Welcome to the 3rd TenForums Saturday Live Chat!
OK fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: With a permission from the the forum admin & owner @z3r010 here's the invitation to the Third Traditional TenForums Saturday Live Chat on Saturday 13th of June 2015. The TenForums.com is...
Chillout Room
Welcome to the 2nd TenForums Saturday Live Chat!
OK fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: With a permission from the the forum admin & owner @z3r010 let's organize the Second Traditional* TenForums Saturday Live Chat! (* = pun intended ;)) this coming Saturday 30th of May 2015. ...
Chillout Room
Welcome to The TenForums Saturday Live Chat!
OK fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts: With a permission from the the forum admin & owner @z3r010 let's organize the First Traditional* TenForums Saturday Live Chat! (* = pun intended ;)) this coming Saturday 16th of May 2015. ...
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums