1. Joined : Nov 2016
    Win 10 version 1607
       4 Weeks Ago #1

No sound on Thinkpad T520

I have no sound on ThinkPad T520 except at headphone jack, Win 10 version 1607 OS build14393.351, I have a ThinkPad T420 with Win 10 version 1607, OS build 14393.447 the T420 has sound from speakers and headphone jack. I have the latest Conexant driver in the T520, I have done all the "problem solvers" i can find online and nothing works. Is this a software problem or equipment problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

2. Joined : Jul 2016
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       4 Weeks Ago #2

Troubleshooting Thinkpad audio - You have described a hardware problem with the T520. Download the hardware manual from Lenovo and determine if the headphone jack is part of a replaceable assembly and replace it if so. If the headphone jack is part of the system board the problem is more complicate to repair. You can go to Lenovo's site, plug in the full model number, like 5170-339, and locate the hardware manual--Lenovo's forum is the best place for help with a ThinkPad.

3.    4 Weeks Ago #3

Try to manually update to the latest driver posted on Lenovo Support.

4. Joined : Nov 2016
    Win 10 version 1607
       4 Weeks Ago #4

Reply to kludge

kludge said: View Post
    Troubleshooting Thinkpad audio - You have described a hardware problem with the T520. Download the hardware manual from Lenovo and determine if the headphone jack is part of a replaceable assembly and replace it if so. If the headphone jack is part of the system board the problem is more complicate to repair. You can go to Lenovo's site, plug in the full model number, like 5170-339, and locate the hardware manual--Lenovo's forum is the best place for help with a ThinkPad.
    kludge;
    Thank you for the reply, I will search the hardware manual and see what I can find