According to the Samsung Tooltip, to get hardware encryption of an OS drive, you have to install a NEW Operating System on it.
Basically, the steps required would be:
1. Plug the OS drive into A DIFFERENT MACHINE (or the same machine if you’re planning to wipe it, but you can’t boot off of the drive yet…)
2. Do the DISKPART cleaning of the SSD.
3. Run Samsung Magician and “Secure Erase” the drive.
4. Change the drive to “Ready to Enable”.
5. Shut down the computer and install the new OS to the drive.
6. After OS comes up, enable BitLocker on the SSD.