Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    31 Aug 2016 #11

    batlhilz said: View Post
    clean it up often, keep it in the open area where the air is floating nicely, use sleep / shut down mode whenever you dont use it etc. theres some sort of "cooling pads" sold in the market for few dozen of bucks that has different cooling systems (usb powered fans, for example) etc. ive never used those tho, so cant really tell how good they are :>
    Alright thanks. And I was doing some scan test on dell's website that said this:

    "Your hard drive is operating outside of normal parameters and should be replaced. This system no longer carries a hardware warranty. To purchase a replacement drive, please visit Dell Spare Parts for a compatible replacement part."
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    31 Aug 2016 #12

    Can anyone advise me about the smart scan detection? it did not alert me to the graphics card being a problem. Would it have done that, if it is the graphics card? or do I have possibly 2 issues now.

    I think my hard drive is failing.
    Last edited by Bright Eyes; 31 Aug 2016 at 23:07.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    03 Sep 2016 #13

    Whatphoeb said: View Post
    Most likely your graphics card has died. Typical cause for this is blown capacitors. Open up your computer, take graphics card out and take a closer look at capacitors.
    So, agree that its the hard drive and not the graphics card now? http://i.imgur.com/XpdIzW5.png
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Aug 2016
    Posts : 55
    Windows 10 Home, Version 1607 (Build 10.0.14393)
       03 Sep 2016 #14

    Your harddrive is definitely failing, but I cannot determine whether this is the only problem.
    You could end up that you buy a new HDD and the graphic card or other component are already damaged and the whole laptop won't make it.
    Frankly, from your description, my first thought was, there was liquid spilled on your laptop

    Cheers
    Tom
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    03 Sep 2016 #15

    Tom886 said: View Post
    Your harddrive is definitely failing, but I cannot determine whether this is the only problem.
    You could end up that you buy a new HDD and the graphic card or other component are already damaged and the whole laptop won't make it.
    Frankly, from your description, my first thought was, there was liquid spilled on your laptop

    Cheers
    Tom
    There was.... going back and I guess it messed it up over a few months time. Oh well, since then I got a desk cup holder to keep that from happening again.

    I was told that the graphics card probably cant be replaced as its likely soldered to the motherboard in other words. I guess best case scenario, I replace the hard drive and its smooth sailing. One of those things you think "please, Id have to be an idiot to do that!" one lonely night falling asleep on my recliner and bang! on the keyboard.

    I turned it upside down instantly half way folded, turned it off, and saturated anything I could and vacuumed the vents and keys for extra liquid.

    Cant afford another one... should have been more careful. Cant believe I spent 850 on the thing and spilled right on it!
    Last edited by Bright Eyes; 04 Sep 2016 at 00:22.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 217
    Win10 Pro x64
       04 Sep 2016 #16

    Bright Eyes said: View Post
    There was.... going back and I guess it messed it up over a few months time. Oh well, since then I got a desk cup holder to keep that from happening again.

    I was told that the graphics card probably cant be replaced as its likely soldered to the motherboard in other words. I guess best case scenario, I replace the hard drive and its smooth sailing. One of those things you think "please, Id have to be an idiot to do that!" one lonely night falling asleep on my recliner and bang! on the keyboard.

    I turned it upside down instantly half way folded, turned it off, and saturated anything I could and vacuumed the vents and keys for extra liquid.

    Cant afford another one... should have been more careful. Cant believe I spent 850 on the thing and spilled right on it!
    Just an FYI in case you spill again Immediately turn the power off and take out the battery when you spill on it, and hold the power button down a few seconds. Disassemble it, and depending on what you spilled, either put the components on dry rice (for water) or if it's something like coffee that is super sticky when electrocuted, clean it with Q-tips and rubbing alcohol. If you worked fast enough it won't be damaged :P

    EDIT: Actually what did you spill on it? If it was coffee or something sticky you should open it and clean it now. I can't count on my hands and toes how many laptops I have been brought that were functioning improperly that just needed a good cleaning to work right again because the owner was careless and spilled all over it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    04 Sep 2016 #17

    Have you checked Event Viewer to see if there's any related errors?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    04 Sep 2016 #18

    swarfega said: View Post
    Have you checked Event Viewer to see if there's any related errors?
    Related errors? like what, can you explain better.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    04 Sep 2016 #19

    Carsomyr said: View Post
    Just an FYI in case you spill again Immediately turn the power off and take out the battery when you spill on it, and hold the power button down a few seconds. Disassemble it, and depending on what you spilled, either put the components on dry rice (for water) or if it's something like coffee that is super sticky when electrocuted, clean it with Q-tips and rubbing alcohol. If you worked fast enough it won't be damaged :P

    EDIT: Actually what did you spill on it? If it was coffee or something sticky you should open it and clean it now. I can't count on my hands and toes how many laptops I have been brought that were functioning improperly that just needed a good cleaning to work right again because the owner was careless and spilled all over it
    Thanks! but my current hard drive cant benefit from any of that now right? it was sticky. ice tea mix in water.

    message is too short. appreciate all the help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 217
    Win10 Pro x64
       04 Sep 2016 #20

    Bright Eyes said: View Post
    Thanks! but my current hard drive cant benefit from any of that now right? it was sticky. ice tea mix in water.

    message is too short. appreciate all the help.
    Hard drive probably not, and maybe not the GPU either now that it's been run for however long without being cleaned, but I would still try it anyways. I mean what are you gonna do break it? Rubbing alcohol and Q-tips man, and it might just kick back I mean replacing a hard drive is much cheaper than buying another whole laptop, so what do you have to lose?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Computer crashes with Blue Screen - Files for examination
Hi, I have downloaded the zip file and after extracting to one of my folders, I am sending the whole folder please. My computer makes humming noise before crashing to a blue screen. I am very much fed up and am thinking to go back to Win 7...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off
I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5720 and I have been getting a lot of lag. When I start up, everything works just fine. However, if I put the computer to sleep or if the screen even turns off when idle, my computer slows down...
General Support
After initial Dell loading screen, computer restarts.
After upgrading to windows 10, I was able to use it. But, when I tried turning my computer back on the next day, it would restart after the Dell loading screen would go away. It will go through this reboot cycle and never end. Ive tried pulling up...
General Support
BSOD and random restarts. Blue screen varies.
Hi I've been having some system issues in the last week or two, before that the system had been stable for around 6 weeks after working previous issues out with the Windows 10 upgrade. currently I'm getting a random system shutdown and restart...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Flashing blue screen. Can't use computer at all.
Hi. Updated to windows 10 a week ago. Ever since have had the flashing blue screen. Can't get the computer to do anything. Have managed to get it into Aptio screen but that's it. Have tried lots of ways to get it into safe made etc with no luck. Any...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums