Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 114
    Windows 10 Pro
       14 Dec 2015 #371

    Snakeyes said: View Post
    I don't believe magician properly indicates if the firmware is the latest. I have 2 Samsung SSD 850 Pro's of the same size on my PC and it is showing two different versions of firmware but indicating that both are up-to-date – EXM02B6Q for one and EXM01B6Q for the other.
    Mine also is a 512gb 850 Pro shows EXM01B6Q.
    Last edited by MPSAN; 14 Dec 2015 at 21:35.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 19,718
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       14 Dec 2015 #372

    Snakeyes said: View Post
    I don't believe magician properly indicates if the firmware is the latest. I have 2 Samsung SSD 850 Pro's of the same size on my PC and it is showing two different versions of firmware but indicating that both are up-to-date – EXM02B6Q for one and EXM01B6Q for the other.
    Yes I've seen that talked about before in here, also when their was a NEW update for Magician it didn't even report that!! So that's just another reason I would would NEVER update my firmware from Samsung.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Sep 2015
    France
    Posts : 16
    XP32 XP64 W7_64 W8.1_64 W10_64 All Pro
       26 Dec 2015 #373

    Hello,

    This poses no problems. However, it must be on the active Windows partition to update the firmware

    http://i.imgur.com/fZbVsmS.jpg
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       04 Jan 2016 #374

    Magician doesn't allow me to do OS optimization, perf opt and rapid


    Hello I have 950 pro. But the OS optimization, perf opt and rapid are not available.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,177
    Windows 10 Home RTM + Insider
       11 Jan 2016 #375

    Hey, folks: Samsung Magician revision 4.9.5 is up: http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...c/support.html

    Gotta run to work so no time to give any details. Will check in later to see what any of you have to say!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 19,718
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       11 Jan 2016 #376

    Word Man said: View Post
    Hey, folks: Samsung Magician revision 4.9.5 is up: http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...c/support.html

    Gotta run to work so no time to give any details. Will check in later to see what any of you have to say!
    Well Word Man your right their is a new update, but when I logged on to samsungs site to download it, they have put a limit on downloads for this new update, and told me to try in another 24 hours! So I am looking for other sites that may have the new update, so far, I have not found any.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,177
    Windows 10 Home RTM + Insider
       11 Jan 2016 #377

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well Word Man your right their is a new update, but when I logged on to samsungs site to download it, they have put a limit on downloads for this new update, and told me to try in another 24 hours! So I am looking for other sites that may have the new update, so far, I have not found any.
    Yeah, it's been that way in the past. As I recall, MajorGeeks will carry it ASAP after release but it may be a toss-up as to whether it's readily available there or at Samsung first. Thanks for the update!

    Here's the excerpt from the installation guide insofar as changelog, not much to it:

    Samsung Magigican 4.9.5 Installation Guide: said:
    ...
    Magician version 4.9.5 features a number of improvements over version 4.9:

    - Security enhancement
    ...

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 19,718
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       11 Jan 2016 #378

    Word Man said: View Post
    Yeah, it's been that way in the past. As I recall, MajorGeeks will carry it ASAP after release but it may be a toss-up as to whether it's readily available there or at Samsung first. Thanks for the update!
    Nope not on MajorGeeks either.....yet.....only 2 places I've found are on foreign sites, and make you download a app 1st, that you have to install....so....I'm not doing that. lol Oh well, just have to wait.....hopefully this new update will fix their bug of reporting on new updates, as it has NEVER worked. My Magician reports I have the latest release now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 285
    Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
       11 Jan 2016 #379

    They should consider delivery using Bittorrent.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
       11 Jan 2016 #380

    what's the benefit of having the latest version of magician?

    i mean, i already have version 4.9
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Samsung 850 Pro SSD Software Support for WIN 10
I have Win 10 (10240) installed and a new Samsung 850 Pro SSD to install. The current versions of the Samsung supplied software, Magician 4.6 (I downloaded this because the one supplied with the SSD wasn't the current one) and Data Migration 2.7...
Drivers and Hardware
Calling all Samsung owners
There seems to be an issue with a raft of different Samsung computer products being unable to install Win 10 TP. The issue is exactly the same for all being locked out after 3 seconds at the logo screen trying to install with either USB or DVD...
Installation and Setup
RAPIDmode, Samsung SDD & Win10...how ?
I just installed a Samsung 850pro SSD in my Lenovo laptop & one of the features in its Magician 4.5 software is RAPIDmode . Sort of a ram caching frequently used I/O processes to add some quickness. Anyhow, it lists the requirements --...
Drivers and Hardware
Samsung NP-RV509-A0CIN Problem With 4 GB RAM
Recently I have purchased a HP 4 GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz for my Laptop Samsung NP-RV509-A0CIN. After installing this RAM into my laptop. My laptop show the 4 GB on system BIOS but it is not booting windows or anything just a black screen. So I...
Drivers and Hardware
Samsung Updates ?
Has anyone connected a Samsung phone to their Windows 10 computer. Friday I connected my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone to my computer to download some pictures to my computer. Since then I have received 5 updates for my phone and all of them say they were...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums