Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 13,409
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       14 Dec 2015 #361

    fredc said: View Post
    Yeah, does the Magician ever show a firmware update is available is my question.
    I had one once for firmware, but oddly never seen one for an installed Magician software(only as I install it for the first time will it say there is a new Magician version). But as I said, for firmware I saw it once, I believe it was when they first implemented RAPID
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,177
    Windows 10 Home RTM + Insider
       14 Dec 2015 #362

    fredc said: View Post
    Yeah, does the Magician ever show a firmware update is available is my question.
    It has for my 850 EVO, well before RAPID mode made it to Win10, but not since that one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    14 Dec 2015 #363

    there was one for my new 850evo that I picked up yesterday
    no idea how old that update was though

    edit
    looks like it was September this year they updated the firmware to EMT02B6Q
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    14 Dec 2015 #364

    Thanks for the responses folks, after installing the magician for the first time i never saw an update for it but i am using Win 7 and it says current version is EXMO2B6Q.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 19,890
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       14 Dec 2015 #365

    fredc said: View Post
    Thanks for the responses folks, after installing the magician for the first time i never saw an update for it but i am using Win 7 and it says current version is EXMO2B6Q.
    Mine shows a different version, but mine is the 840 EVO SSD

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samsung1.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	53621
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,177
    Windows 10 Home RTM + Insider
       14 Dec 2015 #366

    shakennstirred said: View Post
    there was one for my new 850evo that I picked up yesterday
    no idea how old that update was though

    edit
    looks like it was September this year they updated the firmware to EMT02B6Q
    Yep, that's when I recall picking it up, well in advance of the RAPID mode update for Magician.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    14 Dec 2015 #367

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Mine shows a different version, but mine is the 840 EVO SSD

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samsung1.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	53621

    Yeah , i got the 850 Pro and using Win 7 so i don't know , i am just going to leave it until it says firmware update available for now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 19,890
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       14 Dec 2015 #368

    fredc said: View Post
    Yeah , i got the 850 Pro and using Win 7 so i don't know , i am just going to leave it until it says firmware update available for now.
    Well even if Samsung told me their was a NEW firmware update available I Would NOT install it. Just don't trust it not to mess up my SSD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    14 Dec 2015 #369

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well even if Samsung told me their was a NEW firmware update available I Would NOT install it. Just don't trust it not to mess up my SSD.
    I don't blame you , why risk it when everything's working well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10
       14 Dec 2015 #370

    I don't believe magician properly indicates if the firmware is the latest. I have 2 Samsung SSD 850 Pro's of the same size on my PC and it is showing two different versions of firmware but indicating that both are up-to-date – EXM02B6Q for one and EXM01B6Q for the other.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Samsung 850 Pro SSD Software Support for WIN 10
I have Win 10 (10240) installed and a new Samsung 850 Pro SSD to install. The current versions of the Samsung supplied software, Magician 4.6 (I downloaded this because the one supplied with the SSD wasn't the current one) and Data Migration 2.7...
Drivers and Hardware
Calling all Samsung owners
There seems to be an issue with a raft of different Samsung computer products being unable to install Win 10 TP. The issue is exactly the same for all being locked out after 3 seconds at the logo screen trying to install with either USB or DVD...
Installation and Setup
RAPIDmode, Samsung SDD & Win10...how ?
I just installed a Samsung 850pro SSD in my Lenovo laptop & one of the features in its Magician 4.5 software is RAPIDmode . Sort of a ram caching frequently used I/O processes to add some quickness. Anyhow, it lists the requirements --...
Drivers and Hardware
Samsung NP-RV509-A0CIN Problem With 4 GB RAM
Recently I have purchased a HP 4 GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz for my Laptop Samsung NP-RV509-A0CIN. After installing this RAM into my laptop. My laptop show the 4 GB on system BIOS but it is not booting windows or anything just a black screen. So I...
Drivers and Hardware
Samsung Updates ?
Has anyone connected a Samsung phone to their Windows 10 computer. Friday I connected my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone to my computer to download some pictures to my computer. Since then I have received 5 updates for my phone and all of them say they were...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums