Page 53 of 174 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       16 Dec 2015 #521

    DooGie said: View Post
    And the latest WHQL driver is build 7687.

    ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/Ge..._Win7_WHQL.zip

    username : spcust
    password : hwwk758z

    Can someone tell me what to do with this WHQL version of driver? There's bunch of files, and any of .exe files does not launch.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       16 Dec 2015 #522

    I solved those two problems simply with uninstalling damn Realtek HD audio driver which gave me so much pain. After that, there left (didnt install anything additionally) High Definition Audio Device which is working fine (sound quality is lower than Realtek's, but I dont care)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Volume Control.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	53873
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 7,139
    All kinds
       16 Dec 2015 #523

    WoooZy said: View Post
    Can someone tell me what to do with this WHQL version of driver? There's bunch of files, and any of .exe files does not launch.
    Open them in a folder, go to device manager, get properties if HD Audio, click on Update Driver and point it to that folder.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,120
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       16 Dec 2015 #524

    WoooZy said: View Post
    Can someone tell me what to do with this WHQL version of driver? There's bunch of files, and any of .exe files does not launch.
    After you download the file from the link I posted unzip it to wherever you choose and it should create a directory called 7687_PG436_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL. Open up this directory and at the top there should be 3 sub directories. Ignore these subdirectories and look for the file setup.exe. This is the one to use for the installation.

    Alternatively you can do it from Device Manager as CountMike suggested.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       16 Dec 2015 #525

    DooGie said: View Post
    After you download the file from the link I posted unzip it to wherever you choose and it should create a directory called 7687_PG436_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL. Open up this directory and at the top there should be 3 sub directories. Ignore these subdirectories and look for the file setup.exe. This is the one to use for the installation.

    Alternatively you can do it from Device Manager as CountMike suggested.
    I followed the link to the Softpedia download because I was also having issues with Microsoft's Update. Ironically, Softpedia sent me to an external mirror to download the file, which turned out to be...Microsoft. Anyway, I downloaded the driver successfully, but it gave me a cab file instead, named 20811268_7170e6542da36cb0e392ddc703b412b8d85aca03.cab. I used the "update driver" method from the device manager and pointed to the above-mentioned cab file, but after thinking for a few seconds, Windows tells me that it is already using the most current driver (which happens to be 6.0.1.7535, dated 6/16/2015) and refuses to install a newer version.

    BTW, I downloaded the driver listed by Softpedia as "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7687 for Windows 10 64-bit" dated Dec 11th 2015, 08:59 GMT.

    Any ideas?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       16 Dec 2015 #526

    ThornyJohn said: View Post
    I followed the link to the Softpedia download because I was also having issues with Microsoft's Update. Ironically, Softpedia sent me to an external mirror to download the file, which turned out to be...Microsoft. Anyway, I downloaded the driver successfully, but it gave me a cab file instead, named 20811268_7170e6542da36cb0e392ddc703b412b8d85aca03.cab. I used the "update driver" method from the device manager and pointed to the above-mentioned cab file, but after thinking for a few seconds, Windows tells me that it is already using the most current driver (which happens to be 6.0.1.7535, dated 6/16/2015) and refuses to install a newer version.

    BTW, I downloaded the driver listed by Softpedia as "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7687 for Windows 10 64-bit" dated Dec 11th 2015, 08:59 GMT.

    Any ideas?
    Use 7Zip or WinRAR and extract the cab to a folder first.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Win10
       16 Dec 2015 #527

    DooGie said: View Post
    After you download the file from the link I posted unzip it to wherever you choose and it should create a directory called 7687_PG436_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL. Open up this directory and at the top there should be 3 sub directories. Ignore these subdirectories and look for the file setup.exe. This is the one to use for the installation.

    Alternatively you can do it from Device Manager as CountMike suggested.
    Nevermind, got the latest to install - but did not fix the loud sound after pause problem...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       17 Dec 2015 #528

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Use 7Zip or WinRAR and extract the cab to a folder first.
    Thanks, that worked, although for others trying this, there is a bug in 7-Zip you should be aware of: If you right-click on the cab file and select 7-Zip/extract to...<any of the extracts I tried from the right click menu, actually), you will get an error about there being additional data past the end of data (or some such thing...sorry, I didn't write it down exactly, but it'll be obvious enough). If you start the 7-Zip manager first and the open and extract the cab file from there, the bug will; not show up.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       17 Dec 2015 #529

    ThornyJohn said: View Post
    Thanks, that worked, although for others trying this, there is a bug in 7-Zip you should be aware of: If you right-click on the cab file and select 7-Zip/extract to...<any of the extracts I tried from the right click menu, actually), you will get an error about there being additional data past the end of data (or some such thing...sorry, I didn't write it down exactly, but it'll be obvious enough). If you start the 7-Zip manager first and the open and extract the cab file from there, the bug will; not show up.
    Interesting, what version of 7-Zip do you use? I know 7-Zip works as I heard from countless others who use it. I have 7-Zip installed but I use WinRAR to extract a majority of the time. My 7-Zip is more for modifying Android apk files.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       17 Dec 2015 #530

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Interesting, what version of 7-Zip do you use? I know 7-Zip works as I heard from countless others who use it. I have 7-Zip installed but I use WinRAR to extract a majority of the time. My 7-Zip is more for modifying Android apk files.
    It's version 15.12 64-bit, but I should explain...the dev of 7-Zip noted in a forum post that the "bug" is not exactly a bug, per se, but the nature of the cab making process. Sometimes, there's a bit of cruff left over and packed into the end of the file. This cruff may have some meaning to some unpackers, but it means nothing to 7-Zip and depending on how it was sectioned off within the file, it may show up as extraneous data past the end-of-file marker (please excuse the heavy paraphrasing and dumbing down of the subject as it was originally presented in the various forum posts; it is for the benefit of my own swiss-cheese-like memory).

    In any case, the issue only comes up when unpacking files directly from the right-click menu and not when using the 7-Zip Manager software, so I don't know that it's enough of a pain to warrant a fix. I've used 7-Zip for many years and cannot recommend it enough for how it does what it does so well and without any hassle. I'll forgive it this one slip.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 - will the new win 10 driver ...
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums