Page 38 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Win 10
       18 Oct 2015 #371

    erpster4 said: View Post
    fotyc. did you try using the tool from MS support KB article 3073930 to "hide" or block the June 2015 realtek audio driver update?
    No but I will go look into it!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       18 Oct 2015 #372

    DooGie said: View Post
    If you mean sound quality wise then I agree with you erpster4.

    I've found recent releases to be pretty samey but to me build 7634 stands out regarding the sound. A lot more detailed and natural sounding. Maybe a placebo effect but playing mp3s using Foobar I'm liking these a lot, one to keep in my backups
    Just updated to 7634 and it sounds the same as others using headphones...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit,version 1607,Build 14393.447
       19 Oct 2015 #373

    I have version 6.0.1.6690 Driver for Realtek HD Audio. I've downloaded 64-bit version 6.0.1.7634. But when I try to install it manually through Device Manager I get the message, "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is uptodate." & the update fails to install. Further, of late I receive no sound output while playing Video files from net. However, while playing discs from DVD drive there is no problem. How to solve this problem?
    Last edited by layman; 19 Oct 2015 at 10:47.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,117
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       19 Oct 2015 #374

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Just updated to 7634 and it sounds the same as others using headphones...
    Unless I'm gaming I always use speakers.

    For gaming it's a Plantronics headset. Reason, Easier to detect where another player is and it stops my Wife shouting "Shutup and stop killing all those people"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 242
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       19 Oct 2015 #375

    DooGie said: View Post
    Unless I'm gaming I always use speakers.

    For gaming it's a Plantronics headset. Reason, Easier to detect where another player is and it stops my Wife shouting "Shutup and stop killing all those people"
    The second part is worth the money.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,117
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       19 Oct 2015 #376

    layman said: View Post
    I have version 6.0.1.6690 Driver for Realtek HD Audio. I've downloaded 64-bit version 6.0.1.7634. But when I try to install it manually through Device Manager I get the message, "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is uptodate." & the update fails to install. Further, of late I receive no sound output while playing Video files from net. However, while playing discs from DVD drive there is no problem. How to solve this problem?
    How are you trying to install them through Device Manager?

    To do that you first need to unzip the files to a directory and then point Device Manager to the directory you unzipped them to.
    If you just select the zip file from Device Manager then nothing will get installed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       19 Oct 2015 #377

    DooGie said: View Post
    Unless I'm gaming I always use speakers.

    For gaming it's a Plantronics headset. Reason, Easier to detect where another player is and it stops my Wife shouting "Shutup and stop killing all those people"
    The built-in-speakers on ASUS G74SX ROG (Repubic of Gamers) laptop is crap. I have Etymotics, Sennheiser and Ultimate Ears earphones so I should be able to tell the difference.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit,version 1607,Build 14393.447
       19 Oct 2015 #378

    DooGie said: View Post
    How are you trying to install them through Device Manager?

    To do that you first need to unzip the files to a directory and then point Device Manager to the directory you unzipped them to.
    If you just select the zip file from Device Manager then nothing will get installed.
    The downloaded file is a .cab file in a separate directory. On opening it I find 14 .exe files. I've selected the directory, with the same message, mentioned earlier. Can I try running any particular .exe files mentioned above? Which one to chose? Why Windows Update does not download automatically this version & install? I had tried "Troubleshoot Audio Manager" for the second part of my original question, but it could not locate any problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Jul 2015
    Nine Mile Falls WA
    Posts : 312
    win 10 pro x64
       19 Oct 2015 #379

    unzip the file go into device manager click sound,video and game controllers right click realtek high definition audio click update click browse my computer for the update point to the unzipped folder and click ok or next and you should be good to go.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit,version 1607,Build 14393.447
       20 Oct 2015 #380

    Tonyb said: View Post
    unzip the file go into device manager click sound,video and game controllers right click realtek high definition audio click update click browse my computer for the update point to the unzipped folder and click ok or next and you should be good to go.
    I've done exactly as above, but get the message, "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is upto date". Meanwhile no sound output from video files on net. However, DVDs work on Optical drive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 - will the new win 10 driver ...
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums