Page 34 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 57
    Windows 10 Pro
       08 Oct 2015 #331

    Tatsumak said: View Post
    It's a Windows problem, Microsoft is testing the fix internally to release to Insider users. So, you can wait it to be fixed soon.
    I waited months before installing windows 10 in the hope that these sort of bugs would be fixed... Oh well, thanks for the reply, I will just have to wait.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       10 Oct 2015 #332

    Ocman76 said: View Post
    I waited months before installing windows 10 in the hope that these sort of bugs would be fixed... Oh well, thanks for the reply, I will just have to wait.
    It seems that november is the month to fix it, along with Threshold 2. According to John, the man leading the fix, it will be in the next Insider build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 57
    Windows 10 Pro
       11 Oct 2015 #333

    Tatsumak said: View Post
    It seems that november is the month to fix it, along with Threshold 2. According to John, the man leading the fix, it will be in the next Insider build.
    I'm glad its being worked on.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       12 Oct 2015 #334

    Hi all! Really nice thread, it helps me a lot to keep my audio device updated.

    That said, i have this a problem with Realtek audio and maybe you can help me. The thing is i can listen in stereo and 5.1, no problem, but with a little "sshhh" on the back. For example when i click on the volume icon, i hear de default "ding" sound but with that "sshhh".. like: "dingggg....sssssshhuuuu".

    The only think i can do is, whenever i restart my computer, i desable the realtek on System/Device Administator and rightafter i enable it again. Problem solved, no "shhh" thing, but its not the real answer. So it has to be something involving drivers... I use the latest: 6.0.1.7628, any clue??

    Thanks in advance!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       12 Oct 2015 #335

    @Makabro:

    Probably related to the drivers power management which will exist in all driver versions as it's a feature, see this:
    Fix for Realtek sound popping and/or high pitched tone/squeal | NotebookReview
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       12 Oct 2015 #336

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    @Makabro:

    Probably related to the drivers power management which will exist in all driver versions as it's a feature, see this:
    Fix for Realtek sound popping and/or high pitched tone/squeal | NotebookReview
    Thank you very much!! Will keep a look at that fix and let you know
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Win 10
       12 Oct 2015 #337

    I downloaded and extracted this one and the same thing happened as last time, Windows wouldn't install it because it says I have the best one which is the one on the Realtek site, R2.79. Why aren't these updates appearing on the Realtek site? Are they still sort of betas?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,124
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       12 Oct 2015 #338

    Build 7629 WHQL of the Realtek HD drivers released today.

    ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/Ge..._Win7_WHQL.zip

    username : spcust
    password : hwwk758z
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       12 Oct 2015 #339

    fotyc said: View Post
    I downloaded and extracted this one and the same thing happened as last time, Windows wouldn't install it because it says I have the best one which is the one on the Realtek site, R2.79. Why aren't these updates appearing on the Realtek site? Are they still sort of betas?
    What you need to do is:
    Right click Start -> Programs and Features, select Realtek HD Audio, Uninstall but do not reboot. then run the setup.exe for the one you want to install and it should work. Then the next time, just run the setup.exe program and it should do the install fine.

    These updates are appearing on the Realtek site as it's on the ftp (file transfer protocol) site which is like copying a file and does not require html skills. Updating the website takes work and with the frequent updates, it's can be hard work which can be bad if they mess up the website resulting in giving the company a bad image as people might think it is hacked and maybe they have a extremely lazy webmaster for all we know. The WHQL are stabled released versions while there are beta non-WHQL versions. Release version is up to 6.0.1.7629 while Beta version is up to 6.0.1.7633 with the latest beta being in the ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/RealtekHDA...ers/Vista-Beta using the same login/password combo above.

    Version 6.0.1.7629 WHQL available from Microsoft Update Catalog so it's in sync with the ftp server:
    (x86/32bit) http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/...8364538495.cab
    (x64/64bit) http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/...3e8a1363c8.cab

    Credits to @erpster4 and another one for @Brink to update in the main post.
    Last edited by Almighty1; 13 Oct 2015 at 17:50.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 34
    Win 10
       13 Oct 2015 #340

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    What you need to do is:
    Right click Start -> Programs and Features, select Realtek HD Audio, Uninstall but do not reboot. then run the setup.exe for the one you want to install and it should work. Then the next time, just run the setup.exe program and it should do the install fine.
    Thanks, doing that....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 - will the new win 10 driver ...
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums