Page 133 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
  1.    22 Oct 2016 #1321

    There was a DDoS DNS attack yesterday. Many sites are slow.
    New York Times
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,120
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       22 Oct 2016 #1322

    Intrepid1 said: View Post
    There was a DDoS DNS attack yesterday. Many sites are slow.
    New York Times
    The Realtek ftp is always slow, it's nothing to do with the DDOS attack. You just learn to live with it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       23 Oct 2016 #1323

    i really wish they had a change log.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,120
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       23 Oct 2016 #1324

    JaKSLaP said: View Post
    i really wish they had a change log.
    I think all of us here wish for that, unfortunately it seems that the word "changelog" is not a required feature in their updates.

    You just have to install, listen and see which version you prefer. Then when the latest one doesn't sound as good as the last you just think, oh well there'll be a new one out in a few days
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,205
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       23 Oct 2016 #1325

    Hi,

    You just have to install, listen and see which version you prefer.
    The only thing that seems to change to my aging audio ears is the base volume. LOL.

    That being said, I have no clue whatsoever why Realtek is racing through updates at this rate....

    Cheers,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    23 Oct 2016 #1326

    Yeah, it is amusing considering that Creative releases a new audio driver (Sound Blaster Z) every year or so and Asus releases a new driver (Xonar) every never. By the way, I've tried both. The Asus Xonar was terrible (beta quality drivers and it cut off the beginning of short sounds). The Z was good, but I had issues with my motherboard (Asus Z170-A) not posting occasionally after reboot. I'm back to on board audio which sounds about the same to me. IMO onboard audio in modern motherboards is exceptional. Discrete sounds cards, which used to be necessity, are now a niche market.

    See: Tom's Hardware
    A $2 Codec Sounds (to us) like a $2000 Device
    Anything Above $2 Buys More Features, Not Better Quality - What Does It Take To Turn The PC Into A Hi-Fi Audio Platform?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 133
    Windows 10
       25 Oct 2016 #1327

    This may be a dumb question but would this have anything to do with my Realtek PCIe x1 network card connectivity issue ? I did a search for a replacement ethernet card and the prices range from 10 dollars to over 300 dollars. This would be for my Dell Inspiron 660. ( I have tried updating , uninstalling, and rebooting the Realtek PCIe card to no avail. Sometimes it will connect for a few mins but that's it. )

    My other pc works fine so I know it's not a router or modem issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 7,146
    All kinds
       25 Oct 2016 #1328

    letmein said: View Post
    This may be a dumb question but would this have anything to do with my Realtek PCIe x1 network card connectivity issue ? I did a search for a replacement ethernet card and the prices range from 10 dollars to over 300 dollars. This would be for my Dell Inspiron 660. ( I have tried updating , uninstalling, and rebooting the Realtek PCIe card to no avail. Sometimes it will connect for a few mins but that's it. )

    My other pc works fine so I know it's not a router or modem issue.
    Don't think so, only problem could be with GPUs in SLI because it takes out one PCIe lane.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    25 Oct 2016 #1329

    Unfortunately, no. It sounds like you have a hardware problem. Ethernet cards are cheap. You may use any manufacturer, but I recommend Intel for higher quality. You can get a TP-Link for around $13 Amazon.com: TP-Link 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter, Includes Low-Profile Bracket (TG-3468): Electronics or an Intel for $28 Amazon.com: Intel Gigabit CT PCI-E Network Adapter EXPI9301CTBLK: Electronics. Based on your post, you're looking for a Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter. Good Luck.

    ONE more thing. Your Inspiron 660 motherboard has integrated ethernet built in (no card). Sometimes it fails and people will use an ethernet network adapter (card) instead of replacing the motherboard. I don't know the details in your situation..

    letmein said: View Post
    This may be a dumb question but would this have anything to do with my Realtek PCIe x1 network card connectivity issue ? I did a search for a replacement ethernet card and the prices range from 10 dollars to over 300 dollars. This would be for my Dell Inspiron 660. ( I have tried updating , uninstalling, and rebooting the Realtek PCIe card to no avail. Sometimes it will connect for a few mins but that's it. )

    My other pc works fine so I know it's not a router or modem issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 58
    Windows 7 64-bit
       27 Oct 2016 #1330

    Does anyone know if Realtek changed their password, etc for their FTP site?
    I'm now getting this when I put in the usual User Name and Password.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 10-27-16 at 10.24 AM.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	107812
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 - will the new win 10 driver ...
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums