Page 127 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,111
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       14 Oct 2016 #1261

    dsamalot said: View Post
    Something's happened! At least the regular headsets, no USB, are working now!!! YAY!!!

    They weren't working either. At least something's working now, woohoo!!

    Thank you @DooGie for all your help (and @asturias7 too!)

    You stuck with me and I really appreciate your help
    Sorry but I don't really understand what's working and what's not now. Can you explain what you actually did?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 23
    windows 10
       14 Oct 2016 #1262

    DooGie said: View Post
    Sorry but I don't really understand what's working and what's not now. Can you explain what you actually did?
    The speakers were always working, but headsets were not. Any headset, USB or just regular plugs (I don't know what they're called).
    I have no idea what I did. I uninstalled, re-installed, deleted, added again, updated, rolled back... so much. The last thing I did was delete the USB drive altogether and re-installed the original Sony Realtek drive (which BTW, still doesn't show in Control Panel! Go figure)

    I don't know, I'm just happy and grateful that I can use headphones again, even if they're not my favorite with stereo sound and mic.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,111
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       14 Oct 2016 #1263

    dsamalot said: View Post
    The speakers were always working, but headsets were not. Any headset, USB or just regular plugs (I don't know what they're called).
    I have no idea what I did. I uninstalled, re-installed, deleted, added again, updated, rolled back... so much. The last thing I did was delete the USB drive altogether and re-installed the original Sony Realtek drive (which BTW, still doesn't show in Control Panel! Go figure)

    I don't know, I'm just happy and grateful that I can use headphones again, even if they're not my favorite with stereo sound and mic.
    Happy you got it sorted out
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 110
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       14 Oct 2016 #1264

    dsamalot said: View Post
    @NovHak
    I don't know what you mean by the "peripherals should display". I don't see anything that says "peripherals"
    Sorry about that, my Windows is in french and uses the word "Périphérique" where the US version obviously uses "Device".

    Anyway, if you right-click on the blank part below your "Speaker/HP" default device, you can check menu options to display deactivated or disconnected devices.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 57
    Windows 7 64-bit
       14 Oct 2016 #1265

    dsamalot said: View Post
    Something's happened! At least the regular headsets, no USB, are working now!!! YAY!!!

    They weren't working either. At least something's working now, woohoo!!

    Thank you @DooGie for all your help (and @asturias7 too!)

    You stuck with me and I really appreciate your help
    Glad I could be of some help.

    I have another suggestion you might want to try:

    Go to Control Panel. Click on Sound.
    You should see something similar to this (I am using Win7, should be similar in Win10?)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sound 1.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	105999

    Under Playback right-click on whatever device you see there and make sure both Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices are checked (as you can see in the picture above).
    Now click OK. This will show all the sound devices you have installed on your computer.
    Now do the same under Recording and click OK.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 23
    windows 10
       15 Oct 2016 #1266

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Glad I could be of some help.

    I have another suggestion you might want to try:

    Go to Control Panel. Click on Sound.
    You should see something similar to this (I am using Win7, should be similar in Win10?)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sound 1.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	105999

    Under Playback right-click on whatever device you see there and make sure both Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices are checked (as you can see in the picture above).
    Now click OK. This will show all the sound devices you have installed on your computer.
    Now do the same under Recording and click OK.
    Got it!
    Thank you for the follow up
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Release Preview
       15 Oct 2016 #1267

    turboHonk said: View Post
    I had an issue with the 7750 driver. Speaker settings would reset after every boot and it also caused a performance hit in some games, as well as increasing boot time. I reverted the driver listed in my motherboard's site which is the 7727.
    Bringing this back up as it seems to have gotten lost in the midst of trying to help dsamlot fix his sound.

    I had this same problem with the 7950 (I'm assuming 7750 was a typo) driver.
    Any settings I set in the control panel were lost whenever I would shut down the pc.
    They would stick through a reboot, but not a full shut down and restart.

    This is the first time I have ever had such and issue using any of the newer Realtek drivers.

    Reverting back to and older set (7560 off my motherboards site) finally corrected this issue for me also.

    peace Wanna
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 57
    Windows 7 64-bit
       15 Oct 2016 #1268

    dsamalot said: View Post
    Got it!
    Thank you for the follow up
    You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
       16 Oct 2016 #1269

    Hi Guys.
    Just in the process of downloading 6.0.1.7590 as I wondered if it will stop a 'problem' I have been getting while I have been using 6.0.1.7584?

    The 'problem' is that whenever I get a Microsoft Update to my x64 Win 10 Laptop after the update has installed and the machine re-starts the Audio Key ceases to function! Grrrrr!!
    So I end up re-installing 6.0.1.7584 x64 Edition and all is well again, BUT after this has happened a number of times it is starting to get annoying!

    So I hope someone can answer the question please?

    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 7,114
    All kinds
       16 Oct 2016 #1270

    Traveller11 said: View Post
    Hi Guys.
    Just in the process of downloading 6.0.1.7590 as I wondered if it will stop a 'problem' I have been getting while I have been using 6.0.1.7584?

    The 'problem' is that whenever I get a Microsoft Update to my x64 Win 10 Laptop after the update has installed and the machine re-starts the Audio Key ceases to function! Grrrrr!!
    So I end up re-installing 6.0.1.7584 x64 Edition and all is well again, BUT after this has happened a number of times it is starting to get annoying!

    So I hope someone can answer the question please?

    Thanks
    You gonna have to try and see, but what's wrong switching to some previous version where everything worked right ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 - will the new win 10 driver ...
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums