Is anyone using a UAS device successfully on 9926? I have a Iomega eGo USB 3 1TB drive which connects through USB Attached SCSI when running 9926 on 2012 Macbook Pro hardware. The drive is fine (works through USB2 on Thinkpad) and the Macbook is fine (the same drive works using UAS under OSX).
When running 9926 I have the following problems (although reading from the disk works fine )
- Format through disk management and delete through File explorer fails crashing explorer and forcing hard power off.
- Format through diskpart fails with spurious error message.
- Format through mini partition wizard hangs.
- Write by copying through File explorer works (for a bit - I can create an empty folder and managed to copy one episode of a series of a TV show). Then explorer crashes and have to hard power off.
- Drive can not be seen at all through easeus or recuvva (tried when I thought drive might be an issue).
I've reported it through insider program but as most reports are only as detailed as the words "USB 3 doesn't work" I thought I'd have more luck here...
I'd be really interested if anyone can run UAS external USB 3 drives on 10 and if so what drivers you have. Mine are all 10.0.9926.0 fbl_awesome1501.150119-1648. If it does work for you could you let me know what drivers you have (Right click on drive, Properties, Hardware tab, Properties, Driver tab, Driver Details). I have these currently:
(this is a spin-off of my misleadingly titled thread Can't format external USB drive.)