Last edited by Cliff S; 13 Feb 2016 at 07:35.
Here is a nice Gold theme inspired by @Stephanie, when she modified a gold wallpaper I found at Bing Images, by adding "Windows 10" and the banner to it.
- @Stephanie for the wonderful wallpaper
- Original wallpaper -- Abstract golden cloth background. Fantasy liq
- @Superfly -- SMACC, without this color chooser too, I would never have gotten these colors right, and with the help of the preview window, made the creation faster
- Myself -- for throwing everything in a cement mixer and pouring it out.
- Gennin and @Hopachi -- for the cursor
NoteThe complete theme requires five elements to be downloaded:
- Themepack that includes system colors and a wallpaper
- AccentColorInactive reg file to set inactive title bar color
- A link to download the custom cursor
- And an additional wallpaper for Start Screen and to use in the Mail & Calendar Uni apps
- Desktop icons(This PC, User, Network, Recycle bins- full & empty)
Windows 10 Gold.zip
Link to the " delta45-neon-yellow-gennin-recolored" cursor" pack
How the cursor looks:
***for recommended browser themes see post #1457***
Instructions to apply your new Windows Aero Hybrid Theme
1.) Download all parts(Themepack, Inactive Title Bar accent color registry file, any additional wallpapers, and go to any provided links for extras, such as cursors).
2.) Once files are downloaded, right click each file and unblock them(a small checkbox on the bottom right corner of the General tab)
3.) Zipped files need to be extracted by right clicking and choosing Extract(to any place you wish, I have created a Themes Library folder for this myself, but to Documents, or Desktop is ok too).
You can now delete the Zip files and/or themepack if you wish, once they are applied. Although... I recommend, if you like the theme, save the zipped files somewhere other than the system(C:) drive(backup).
4.) Then you just click the Themepack & any additional registry files to apply them. Also place any additional wallpapers in your Pictures library, and add them to the theme or apply as Lock Screen.
Note: To uninstall the theme: just go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization change to another theme, then right click the one you don't wish to have any more, and delete it.
NoteTo set the custom Recycle bin icon to refresh after a deletion, as it's a problem:
Go to this tutorial from @Airbot(Thanks for the tutorial) in Seven Forums. It's still good for Windows 10:
Recycle Bin - Fix For Custom Icons Not Refreshing - Windows 7 Help Forums
Last edited by Cliff S; 20 Feb 2016 at 04:33. Reason: Placed all files into one zip folder
If all is gold you won't see anything because of the camouflage effect.
simrick, if you download and install it, please don't forget the inactive title bar. Many don't DL it, but that subtracts from the look when a window is inactive.