Via shortcut you cannot create a tile. It needs an executable directly. This is the downside.
Originally Posted by Cliff S
I'm in the same trench with VirtualBox: I have VM shortcuts. But I've managed to get it going: no shortcut but exe launcher with the right command.
I would avoid placing a XML file to system32 since only one vmconnect.exe exists!
Applied to Kari's method:
- add the launching command of the VM to a bat file (test launching via bat, go to next step if bat is ok)
- convert the bat to exe: Bat To Exe Converter | F2KO Software
- place the exe where you like, rename the exe launcher to your VM (best without spaces) place where needed
- add xml manifest with the new exe name to same folder
- pin the launcher to start