Thanks for letting me know. I am now testing QTTabBar.
mykouWow bro, it looks awesome, Are you using windows 10, Please tell me how you changed Background to black/Dark Grey (See red and yellow box in Picture )
Last edited by Aabhi021290; 05 Oct 2015 at 07:33.
HI Aabhi021290OldNewExplorer 1.1.7 - StartIsBack+ - MSFN Forum
it is " simple" in fact .
I own vista style builder " so I can make my own themes
I didn't change background color for command bar vertical ( yellow on your screen ) nor folder view ( let the theme used apply colors )
Color is provided by my theme with exact colors matching .
- I removed ribbon UI with this tool here ( old new explorer 1.17 ) so you get back your windows 7 command bar instead
- you have to patch your system files to apply themes with UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview" ( I tried other patch but unstable )
UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.zip - Fileshub
- if you interrested I can MP my theme ( it is mainly black theme for explorer but didn't change too much for easy day use and sight )
I put some blue and dark tweaks on theme ( context menu hot select , copying window or hard drives storage fill )
Otherwise you can download the already made Mr Grim black theme ( wonderful work though too dark for my eyes ) here ( register to see and download on forum )
Windows 10 Black Edition
I put a skin on QTTABS desktop tools to match my "dark grey " theme
I tested QTTabBar for about a week. It works OK and does not destabilize Windows. It does not destabilize File Exporer either except File Explorer cannot browse my Android Phone (via USB connection) while QTTabBar is installed. This is the only problem that I have detected.
Hello Friends, I finally found a way (theme) which give Dark theme to windows 10
1. Install UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview. http://uxstyle.com/ and Reboot
2. Download After Dark CC theme for windows 10 RTM (10240) http://cu88.deviantart.com/art/After...-RTM-557411339 ///OR/// After Dark CC theme for windows 10 November update (10586) http://cu88.deviantart.com/art/After...ated-572759494
(Support Developer by buying theme )
3.Follow instruction given in readme file and on website.
For icon pack
For Tabs in File Explorer
Support Developer through Donations
Seems now possible to have custom explorer background running 10586 ( tested under windows 10 pro x64 - build 10586.36 )
Thanks to gsw953 from virtualcustoms for helping me editing my patched theme to do that
- classic shell start menu custom background ( thanx to Jcee for providing an easy classic skin to edit and and Juniper7 for some advices to fix some issues when displaying custom image of my own)
- windows explorer patched with TH2 workaround by cu99 ( I'm using too QTTABS bar from Quizo )
- credits to gsw953 for his nice theme here :Thin White Line-revisited -for Windows 10 TH2 by gsw953onDA on DeviantArt
- credits to Mr Grim for his new vista style builder classes for win 10 which add ability to make own custom background
- it seems possible to get the same result with resource hacker editing the msstyles file ( have to do some more testing )
- I'm using donaware aeroglass to get rid of watermark and pop up reminder ( as I said before , last version 1.4.5 is now fully compatible with build 10586 )
- OldNewExplorer must be installed too for full working