Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Join Date : Aug 2016
    S/E England
    Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Home x64 (1607)
       16 Oct 2016 #21

    Bree said: View Post
    The 'stupid Halloween lamps' of the OP on the other hand were download off the web by Windows Spotlight...
    Actually, most of the Spotlight photos are a lot better than that one. For those (not the OP, obviously) who would like to keep a copy before Windows Spotlight refreshes its store of photos, they're to be found in...
    C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalSt ate\Assets
    ...but be warned, they're not immediately recognisable as photos. They have a 64 character random filename with no extension. Copy the larger files (the ones over 400k) and give the copies a .jpg extension to see them properly (the smaller ones are for phones).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 7,235
    W10
       16 Oct 2016 #22

    Bree said: View Post
    Actually, most of the Spotlight photos are a lot better than that one. For those (not the OP, obviously) who would like to keep a copy before Windows Spotlight refreshes its store of photos, they're to be found in...
    C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalSt ate\Assets
    ...but be warned, they're not immediately recognisable as photos. They have a 64 character random filename with no extension. Copy the larger files (the ones over 400k) and give the copies a .jpg extension to see them properly (the smaller ones are for phones).
    There are some pretty nice ones from time to time!

    Get those pics easy:

    Create a new folder on your desktop, name it Pics, then run the following in an Admin Powershell:

    Get-ChildItem -Path $env:localappdata\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets | Copy-Item -dest {"$home\desktop\pics" + $_.BaseName + ($i++) +".jpg" }
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10
       17 Oct 2016 #23

    O.k....... I see the file containing the pictures.......how do I take ownership of them, so that I can delete them ??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    windows 10
       17 Oct 2016 #24

    I too cant get my much loved picture to stay on the welcome screen. Every time I change it and think I've cracked it next time I boot up that awful 'cave' picture comes back. I read somewhere that this is a glitch in the anniversary upgrade and we'll have to wait for a patch. Hope it comes soon. In the mean time I'll have to put up with it or enter my password each time and see my picture as that is still on the log in screen!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 7,235
    W10
       17 Oct 2016 #25

    Del 80 said: View Post
    O.k....... I see the file containing the pictures.......how do I take ownership of them, so that I can delete them ??


    Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro
       18 Oct 2016 #26

    Flissa said: View Post
    I too cant get my much loved picture to stay on the welcome screen. Every time I change it and think I've cracked it next time I boot up that awful 'cave' picture comes back. I read somewhere that this is a glitch in the anniversary upgrade and we'll have to wait for a patch. Hope it comes soon. In the mean time I'll have to put up with it or enter my password each time and see my picture as that is still on the log in screen!
    As I understand it, your PC/user is actually configured for Automatic login and you get the 'Cave-beach' picture on the 'Welcome' screen at each startup or restart.
    Maybe what worked for me can help you also (the only difference is : I do not have a "much loved picture" background but prefered a full plain color background in my Settings) : have a look at How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 96
    Windows 10
       18 Oct 2016 #27

    Background Pictures now gone, thanks to Brink's tutorial on the issue.......Del.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 12
    windows 10
       18 Oct 2016 #28

    Thanks to all


    Many thanks to all the above help. I have finally got rid of that awful 'cave' and got my login and welcome screens showing my fav pic. I had to change all kinds of permissions to get there. TrustedInstaller was a new one on me. With each Win upgrade we seem to have less and less control. Who would have thought it would take me 3 hours of frustration to delete one picture and install my choice! Thanks again folks for all your help and keep up the good work!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 359
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v10586.3
       18 Oct 2016 #29

    choose a theme that does not include a picture. how is that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Lock screen picture
I have a desktop and laptop, both are Windows 10 Pro, both are version 1607 and both are build version 14393.222 and both are fully updated. So why are the lock screens showing different pictures? On the laptop is show a nice Fall picture and on my...
Customization
No account picture on welcome screen
Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? :confused:
User Accounts and Family Safety
Windows 10 log in screen is not showing my picture.
Ever since the anniversary update, my windows have gone through a heap of trouble. I used to have an image that would show up on the screen before I log in which I made myself. However now it plays a stupid old default image from windows itself....
Customization
Is it possible to have a gif on the lock screen instead of a picture?
Hi, would just like to know if it is possible to have a gif on the lock screen instead of a picture?
General Support
Lock Screen picture changes
I have windows 10 on a desktop. I keep changing my lockscreen to the picture I want. It'll stay that way for a while but then it changes to the cover photo from my facebook page. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Its...
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums