Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2016
    Bergen
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       1 Week Ago #1

    BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error


    Hello there.

    I have browsed a little bit through the forums and observed I am not the only one with this issue. The PC usually crashes an hour into playing Battlefield 1.
    This is what I have tried so far:
    - Updated BIOS and drivers through ASUS EZ Update
    - Running the game on the lowest settings
    - Removing two of my RAM modules (I bought one pair early 2014, and one pair mid 2015, for a total of 16 GB).
    - Benchmarking/"torture testing" the GPU and the CPU, which they withstand. When I tried the same with RAM and power supply, the PC froze. I used Prime95 for this.
    - From the little I can tell from running a basic analysis of the memory dump file, the problem seems to be hardware related.

    I do not have this issue with other games or uses of the computer, like watching videos (I have read other threads where people had trouble with Youtube and such), and there is no secret that BF1 is a demanding game.
    This is what I got so far. Please let me know if additional info is needed, and I very much appreciate any help.

    Cheers.
    BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error Attached Files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 1,713
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1607 Build 14393.447
       1 Week Ago #2

    Just reading through your troubleshooting method I would try a proper test of your RAM:



    BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error Diagnostic Test BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error
     RAM TEST

    Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

    Note   Note


    MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.


    If errors show up you can immediately stop the test because you will know the RAM is faulty. You need to then find out which one by trying the individual sticks of RAM individually until you can pinpoint the faulty one. [Note that it is possible for a slot on the motherboard to be faulty too but lets hope this is not the case.]
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Nov 2016
    Bergen
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       1 Week Ago #3

    philc43 said: View Post
    Just reading through your troubleshooting method I would try a proper test of your RAM:



    BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error Diagnostic Test BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error
     RAM TEST

    Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

    Note   Note


    MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.


    If errors show up you can immediately stop the test because you will know the RAM is faulty. You need to then find out which one by trying the individual sticks of RAM individually until you can pinpoint the faulty one. [Note that it is possible for a slot on the motherboard to be faulty too but lets hope this is not the case.]
    Thanks for the reply. I am currently running a memtest, and I started about 10 hours ago. When I get home I will try your suggestion if any errors have shown up. As far as I have understood, the test just keeps running forever, so in a 10-12 hour span it should have been through several passes, and that is usually enough, or am I mistaken?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 6,512
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       1 Week Ago #4

    16 GB usually takes around 18-20 hours to do the minimum 8 passes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 350
    windows 10 Pro
       1 Week Ago #5

    This bugcheck could point to hardware problem with your CPU, as you already said, but often also motherboard software can cause this kind of BSODs.

    In this case it's an internal unclassified error, which means it's not publicly documented (which is ironic given it's "unclassified"). However, yes, it's clear you're dealing with an internal CPU fault and not one that could be generated by bus issues or any other external factor other than heat and voltage. Though make dead sure motherboard software isn't interfering; sometimes mobo software will generate CPU faults of this sort because of bugs in their CPU drivers.
    Other than that, no, there's really nothing else you can retrieve from this.

    source: WHEA error for a MCA fault
    Looking through your drivermodules these drivers are outdated:
    AsIO Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67) (Driver Description: Asus PCProbe Utility)
    AsUpIO Tue Aug 03 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F) (Driver Description: ASUS hardware monitoring software related)
    ASUSFILTER Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (Driver Description: ASUS USB Hub filter driver)
    IOMap64 Thu Oct 23 02:52:12 2014 (Driver Description: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2 Asus GPU Tweak)
    Update your these Asus software programs ( Utilities)

    TeeDriverx64 Tue Sep 23 22:01:14 2014 ( intel management driver)
    See if you can updated above drivers from your supportpage https://www.asus.com/support/Downloa...rexKYGfAX8/45/

    CorsairVBusDriver Wed May 06 15:10:40 2015 (554A12D0)
    CorsairVHidDriver Wed May 06 15:10:41 2015 (Driver Description: Corsair Virtual Device Driver (Installed with Corsair Utility Engine)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 6,512
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       1 Week Ago #6

    If the first argument is 0X0 I have never found the CPU at fault. The CPU gets blamed because it is what calls for the shut down.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2016
    Bergen
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       1 Week Ago #7

    I have now run a 16 hour memtest, with no errors showing (see attached picture).
    lifetec said: View Post
    Looking through your drivermodules these drivers are outdated:
    AsIO Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67) (Driver Description: Asus PCProbe Utility)
    AsUpIO Tue Aug 03 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F) (Driver Description: ASUS hardware monitoring software related)
    ASUSFILTER Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (Driver Description: ASUS USB Hub filter driver)
    IOMap64 Thu Oct 23 02:52:12 2014 (Driver Description: ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2 Asus GPU Tweak)
    Update your these Asus software programs ( Utilities)

    TeeDriverx64 Tue Sep 23 22:01:14 2014 ( intel management driver)
    See if you can updated above drivers from your supportpage https://www.asus.com/support/Downloa...rexKYGfAX8/45/
    I wasn't able to find many of these drivers in the given directory. Do you know where else to look? The EZ Update utility says there are no more updates, but I am aware that might not be entirely conclusive.
    I am trying to get a hold of another power supply, just to try that as well. If it's not driver related, could there be something with unsteady power supply or some sort of voltage fluctuations (abnormal ones)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15216148_10157749992900570_782025436_o.jpg  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 350
    windows 10 Pro
       1 Week Ago #8

    Are you using or did you use any kind of this motherboard software like Asus AI Suite III, Asus Smart doctor etc. in the past.
    If you can not find any updated drivers, i would (temporally) uninstall all this kind of software and see if this solves your problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 6,512
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       1 Week Ago #9

    Also, keep track of the CPU and GPU temps during gaming. I notice your CPU is 67C in that screenshot. That is not too hot, but it is hotter than usual during that test.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2016
    Bergen
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       1 Week Ago #10

    essenbe said: View Post
    Also, keep track of the CPU and GPU temps during gaming. I notice your CPU is 67C in that screenshot. That is not too hot, but it is hotter than usual during that test.
    Just tried a session with BF1 now. I used MSI Afterburner to monitor the CPU temperature. It was between 70 and 75 before the PC crashed again.
    I also uninstalled the ASUS EZ Upgrade and other downloaded utility tools, as suggested by lifetec.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD playing Battlefield 1, error 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
Hi there! I just got my Asus Strix 1070 yesterday, updated the bios for the micron memory fix, and today, after playing a long session of Battlefield 1, I got a "DPC Watchdog Violation" Bluescreen 0x133. Can anyone help me fix this issue? The GPU...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD playing Battlefield 1 or using Keyshot
Hello, So I've had Windows 10 since last fall, upgrade from Win 7 and it ran without issues until I replaced my video card with a EVGA GTX 960 and a new PSU. This week however the frequency has increased, and I've been gettied varried BSOD...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD playing Battlefield 1
I've never had an issue with system crashes, or playing the new battlefield 1 beta, but after a few hours I got a BSOD with Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I looked online, ran a few scans, and updated some software, but in the middle of that...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD playing Vermintide, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
I just got a BSOD while playing Vermintide. It displayed WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Looking it up online its some kind of hardware issue. The game was running kind of sluggish the fps was 40-60 but it felt much slower. I uploaded the dm log...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD playing Battlefield 1. Whea_uncorrectable_error
So I've been playing BF1 for the last 3 days and at least once a day a BSOD happens. I want to know if it has anything to do with the latest Nvidia driver (372.70) which I installed after the first day I played the game. and what can I do to solve...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums