I recently bought a new SSD, installed Windows 7 Pro, updated to Windows 10 as a clean install and updated all my drivers for my chipset, GPU, sound, lan & USB 3.0. I verified each driver is compatible.

Issues I've been having lately are slow browsing through websites, especially if there are images or videos as I scroll down such as with Facebook, even after disabling smooth scrolling and if I'm scrolling relatively slowly. I've also noticed a constant FPS drop when I play certain online games, dropping from ~70 FPS to 30 FPS, every 5-10 seconds.

The only time I seem to get the BSOD's are when I'm playing online games.

DL Speed ~60Mbps
UL Speed ~6Mbps
TP-Link Modem
TP-Link Archer C1750 Router (This PC is direct wired, not using Wifi)

My GPU, PSU, Modem, Router, Case and SSD are all new and my Samsung Magician benchmark tests just fine.

I ran a memtest for over 24 hours and 4 passes with no errors.

I ran sfc /scannow: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I do have 2 computers at home, one for work and one for play. I use a KVM switch (minus the Video part, I just switch inputs manually so right now I only use my keyboard and mouse with the switch).

I ran Prime95 for a few hours with no errors and I ran DPC Latency Checker while putting my PC under load by playing a heavily CPU/GPU intensive game online.

I disabled ipv6 in my router settings and changed my DNS servers to Google's. When I am playing games and I monitor my CPU and Memory usage in Task Manager, neither of them seems to ever be really high. Cpu is usually about 25-30% usage and Memory a bit more.

I've also bypassed my router with no luck. My speed tests are generally pretty stable, though I have noticed my ping increase to about 50, up from ~30, occasionally.

I changed my power option's Min and Max processor state to 100%, disabled most visual windows effects like aero peek and edited the registry value for the preview window if I highlight a window on my task bar, disabled or uninstalled unnecessary bloatware preinstalled on windows.

The only things I feel I haven't done are replacing my CPU/Mobo and updating my BIOS (current version is FC and only one BIOS update is available: Enhance GIGABYTE utilities compatibility).

My RAM is rated higher than what was listed in my BIOS, so I updated it in my BIOS and now it's running at the proper 1866 speed. I did not need to up the voltage. I also haven't noticed any overheating issues, and I monitor it under load after gaming for a few hours.


A few of the older BSODs were hopefully fixed after I had forgotten to install my USB 3.0 drivers and made the mistake of installing the wrong chipset driver for the same motherboard model as mine, but using the v1 driver, which I replaced with the v2 driver to fix.