First sorry for creating a duplicate post.
I am insider since before the build 10240, and always tried to resolve this error by myself.
I researched a lot and found this forum, which even had posts about my problem.
After trying all a bit that I found surfing the internet and who recommended this forum about my problem and failed, to establish the same topic about the error 0x124 to try to help me.
The error occurs whenever I try to play a game and rarely when I'm in the browser (firefox) and watching movies in Media Player Classic. Sometimes I get to play more than an hour and sometimes even 10 minutes.
Steps I tried to solve my problem:
- Updating Drivers and latest builds. (I am currently in build 10532)
- Uninstall drive the video card and install the newest. (Several times)
- Uninstall drive the video card using the DDU and install the newest. (Several times)
- Switch configurations of the game to leave him "lighter".
- Changing some configurations of energy found in the inernet. (Reversing later)
- Change some settings in the bios to give a "boost" in the processor (I'm not overclocker, reversing later.).
- Change the configurations in the bios for "Run fail-safe mode."
- Used the driver verifier (twice)
- Run the chkdsk command. (Sometimes)
- Run the sfc / scannow. (Sometimes)
- Run the command dism / online / cleanup-image / restorehealth. (Sometimes)
And last tests I tried after reading the forum posts.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/koasuvbzk0kcvwg/MemTest86%2B%20Correto.JPG# (the right test)
In tests there were no any error not even Bsod.
- When I was installing windows 10 I had two hard drives a 500gb with Windows 7 and other 3tb empty so I installed the w10 in 3tb and so I had a dual boot windows 7 and 10. Then I had to retire the 500gb hd, and I was a single boot.
* My question is whether this installation mode is considered a clean install?
And finally sorry for my bad english I am Brazilian.
New log in Build 10532